• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching the end of Alabama and ole miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I've had a long day. Who'd we lose to today?

Nobody .... problem appears to be we didn't win either.

I hate it when we don't win. I blame CWT (and Holtz of course) for our failure to win today.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think my expectations are unreasonable I think if cwt is a great coach he should have won at least one more game than holtz 4-8 and this year go 6-6 that's slow incremental progress you can get behind.

Where did you get the impression that CWT was a great coach coming in to set up these lofty expectations early on? 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

both teams didn't show up so they didn't even put on our record as a tie... how nice of CFB.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I hate it when we don't win. I blame CWT (and Holtz of course) for our failure to win today.

Attendance today was HORRIBLE!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Attendance today was HORRIBLE!

Of course it was. Fans of both teams have clearly given up on the season.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Guys just know that dwelling on the past is better than looking forward to the future. LET'S GET THIS PITY PARTY TURNED UP!!!!!!

Sadly I am dwelling on our present, if we see tangible results I will have hope towards the future but not simply have hope for the sake of it. At current cwt is in every statistical measure the worst coach in usf history.
He's also the only Coach to walk into a complete disaster of a program not equipped to compete at their current level of competition. CJL got to build the program from scratch which was truly unique and Holtz walked into a great situations that CJL built and burned the whole **** thing to the ground. CWT will get one possibly two more years but at the very least he's significantly improved the talent level of this team. You can't win games without talent and the fact that he's restocking the cupboard is definitely something that should give you hope for the future with or without CWT. It's like a guy had this great car that he rebuilt over the years and it was coming all together and right as he was about to get it right where he wanted he got divorced and had to sell the car. The kid who bought it ragged the car out never changed the oil or did any maintenance and blew the motor. That kid sold the car to the next guy who has started to rebuild that engine piece by piece but he still doesn't have all the parts he needs to get it up and running again. You say patience is for losers but nothing that is built to last is built in such a short period of time. Look at how long it took CJL to get us close to being a truly successful level (he didn't get us there thought we have never won a conference title). Holtz pretty much burned the whole **** thing to the ground and expecting a program with our limitations (money, donors, fan base) to get it turned around in just two seasons is completely unrealistic.
Sorry but this excuse wouldn't fall on such deaf ears if we didn't hear the same excuses by the Holtz supportersand every time his guys came in we got worse. Also holtz took leavitt a guys and did well that first year. Cwt took Holtz's team and found new definitions for ineptness. I don't think my expectations are unreasonable I think if cwt is a great coach he should have won at least one more game than holtz 4-8 and this year go 6-6 that's slow incremental progress you can get behind. Instead we went backwards and are now hoping to be where he should have been in year one.
You can't behind 6-6? You are a piss poor fan.
I said that was my expectations for him in year two so yes I can get behind that. He walked into a 3-9 team so progress should be 4-8 but instead he digressed. One would also expect to continue the progression in year two so I feel 6-6 would be reasonable for where he started and show the progress required for the job. Right now it looks like we will finish where he should have ended year one but if he gets to 6-6 I will be dancing in the streets, singing his praises and telling everyone that I was wrong with great joy.

Its not surprising to me that we went 2 - 10 last year. I was hoping for better but we lost 14 out of 22 starters and 23 players from that 2012 team. That was one of the reasons Holtz was let go after his third season, we had a lot of schollies available, nobody thought Holtz was going to get better and we didn't want to hobble a new coach with a lot of poor recruits. CWT has recruited much better talent, there are a number of frosh, redshirt frosh and sophomores playing. When you have inexperienced players going against experienced players you are going to get some bumps. Quite frankly there was only one game where we did not compete (and one where we just wore out because of lack of depth). The record may not show the way you want but the classic pattern of a rebuilding team is showing. First year you get beat, usually badly, second year you continue to lose but you lose close, third year you obtain a winning record and win those close games you lost the previous year, and fourth year you compete for the title. I have not seen anything that indicates that we are not following that pattern. Just think about it, we are one blocked punt from 3 - 2 instead of 2 - 3, this program is getting better and I think we will win more this season. Do I expect 6 - 6, no, but that isn't the goal for a second season during a rebuild. The goal this year is to be in every game and have a chance to win, next year the winning should come. This is not a our guys competed and kudos to them, its more these guys are learning how to win. That's what I'm seeing perhaps you are suffering from the I want it now syndrome? Two year turnarounds are rare and usually happen to teams with superior talent, that's not the case here.

Edited by Buller64

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Guys just know that dwelling on the past is better than looking forward to the future. LET'S GET THIS PITY PARTY TURNED UP!!!!!!

Sadly I am dwelling on our present, if we see tangible results I will have hope towards the future but not simply have hope for the sake of it. At current cwt is in every statistical measure the worst coach in usf history.

He's also the only Coach to walk into a complete disaster of a program not equipped to compete at their current level of competition.  CJL got to build the program from scratch which was truly unique and Holtz walked into a great situations that CJL built and burned the whole **** thing to the ground.  CWT will get one possibly two more years but at the very least he's significantly improved the talent level of this team.  You can't win games without talent and the fact that he's restocking the cupboard is definitely something that should give you hope for the future with or without CWT.  It's like a guy had this great car that he rebuilt over the years and it was coming all together and right as he was about to get it right where he wanted he got divorced and had to sell the car.  The kid who bought it ragged the car out never changed the oil or did any maintenance and blew the motor.  That kid sold the car to the next guy who has started to rebuild that engine piece by piece but he still doesn't have all the parts he needs to get it up and running again.  You say patience is for losers but nothing that is built to last is built in such a short period of time.  Look at how long it took CJL to get us close to being a truly successful level (he didn't get us there thought we have never won a conference title).  Holtz pretty much burned the whole **** thing to the ground and expecting a program with our limitations (money, donors, fan base) to get it turned around in just two seasons is completely unrealistic.   

What CJL accomplished is UNPRECEDENTED in college football. How quickly he got us close to being a truly successful program is incredible. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

It could be worse... we could be Miami (OH)

It took one of the stupidest decisions in CFB history by UMass that allowed Miami to finally end their 21 game losing streak.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

He's also the only Coach to walk into a complete disaster of a program not equipped to compete at their current level of competition. CJL got to build the program from scratch which was truly unique and Holtz walked into a great situations that CJL built and burned the whole **** thing to the ground. CWT will get one possibly two more years but at the very least he's significantly improved the talent level of this team. You can't win games without talent and the fact that he's restocking the cupboard is definitely something that should give you hope for the future with or without CWT. It's like a guy had this great car that he rebuilt over the years and it was coming all together and right as he was about to get it right where he wanted he got divorced and had to sell the car. The kid who bought it ragged the car out never changed the oil or did any maintenance and blew the motor. That kid sold the car to the next guy who has started to rebuild that engine piece by piece but he still doesn't have all the parts he needs to get it up and running again. You say patience is for losers but nothing that is built to last is built in such a short period of time. Look at how long it took CJL to get us close to being a truly successful level (he didn't get us there thought we have never won a conference title). Holtz pretty much burned the whole **** thing to the ground and expecting a program with our limitations (money, donors, fan base) to get it turned around in just two seasons is completely unrealistic.

Sorry but this excuse wouldn't fall on such deaf ears if we didn't hear the same excuses by the Holtz supportersand every time his guys came in we got worse. Also holtz took leavitt a guys and did well that first year. Cwt took Holtz's team and found new definitions for ineptness. I don't think my expectations are unreasonable I think if cwt is a great coach he should have won at least one more game than holtz 4-8 and this year go 6-6 that's slow incremental progress you can get behind. Instead we went backwards and are now hoping to be where he should have been in year one.

Puc, I completely understand your frustration. However, Holtz was 1,000% the worst thing that could've ever happened to USF football. I DO think we should've had a better record than 2-10 last year. I know some people on this board praise McNeese State and how good they were last year, but I still think you have to find a way to beat them at home and no reason we couldn't put together a game plan to beat a bad Memphis team at home or another bad team on the schedule. But, even with that Taggart was left with absolutely nothing and there's now way you can logically think otherwise. 

It's been brutally slow and tough to watch. It is getting better (not at the rate that I would like or most of us would), but it is. We will win 4 or 5 games this year and there is the incremental progress. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

You can't behind 6-6? You are a piss poor fan.
I said that was my expectations for him in year two so yes I can get behind that. He walked into a 3-9 team so progress should be 4-8 but instead he digressed. One would also expect to continue the progression in year two so I feel 6-6 would be reasonable for where he started and show the progress required for the job. Right now it looks like we will finish where he should have ended year one but if he gets to 6-6 I will be dancing in the streets, singing his praises and telling everyone that I was wrong with great joy.

Its not surprising to me that we went 2 - 10 last year. I was hoping for better but we lost 14 out of 22 starters and 23 players from that 2012 team. That was one of the reasons Holtz was let go after his third season, we had a lot of schollies available, nobody thought Holtz was going to get better and we didn't want to hobble a new coach with a lot of poor recruits. CWT has recruited much better talent, there are a number of frosh, redshirt frosh and sophomores playing. When you have inexperienced players going against experienced players you are going to get some bumps. Quite frankly there was only one game where we did not compete (and one where we just wore out because of lack of depth). The record may not show the way you want but the classic pattern of a rebuilding team is showing. First year you get beat, usually badly, second year you continue to lose but you lose close, third year you obtain a winning record and win those close games you lost the previous year, and fourth year you compete for the title. I have not seen anything that indicates that we are not following that pattern. Just think about it, we are one blocked punt from 3 - 2 instead of 2 - 3, this program is getting better and I think we will win more this season. Do I expect 6 - 6, no, but that isn't the goal for a second season during a rebuild. The goal this year is to be in every game and have a chance to win, next year the winning should come. This is not a our guys competed and kudos to them, its more these guys are learning how to win. That's what I'm seeing perhaps you are suffering from the I want it now syndrome? Two year turnarounds are rare and usually happen to teams with superior talent, that's not the case here.

So next season 7-5 or better? I can wait that long but at some point the future needs to be now, our fanbase is fledgling and we just need any reason to get excited.