• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching the end of Alabama and ole miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

So you hate that we are losing and you don't look forward to the future games. Good job!

how many years of losing and declining seasons do you think you should go thru before you start to think we will lose week in and week out?

Dedication: the quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose.

Persevere: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.

Strong words for the team and staff as boosters and alumni though we are investors and investors need to see some return in order to keep dumping money into a problem.
Why don't you quit then?
I heard tattoo removal surgery is painful, I wouldn't know what to do with my memorabilia and diploma, I would have to buy way too many new clothes and nostalgia won't let me.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But carry on with your pity party.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When they do turn it around, and they will, these are the fans who will forget everything they said and pretend they knew all along we were improving...POSERS

Guys just know that dwelling on the past is better than looking forward to the future. LET'S GET THIS PITY PARTY TURNED UP!!!!!!

Sadly I am dwelling on our present, if we see tangible results I will have hope towards the future but not simply have hope for the sake of it. At current cwt is in every statistical measure the worst coach in usf history.

He's also the only Coach to walk into a complete disaster of a program not equipped to compete at their current level of competition. CJL got to build the program from scratch which was truly unique and Holtz walked into a great situations that CJL built and burned the whole **** thing to the ground. CWT will get one possibly two more years but at the very least he's significantly improved the talent level of this team. You can't win games without talent and the fact that he's restocking the cupboard is definitely something that should give you hope for the future with or without CWT. It's like a guy had this great car that he rebuilt over the years and it was coming all together and right as he was about to get it right where he wanted he got divorced and had to sell the car. The kid who bought it ragged the car out never changed the oil or did any maintenance and blew the motor. That kid sold the car to the next guy who has started to rebuild that engine piece by piece but he still doesn't have all the parts he needs to get it up and running again. You say patience is for losers but nothing that is built to last is built in such a short period of time. Look at how long it took CJL to get us close to being a truly successful level (he didn't get us there thought we have never won a conference title). Holtz pretty much burned the whole **** thing to the ground and expecting a program with our limitations (money, donors, fan base) to get it turned around in just two seasons is completely unrealistic.

Sorry but this excuse wouldn't fall on such deaf ears if we didn't hear the same excuses by the Holtz supportersand every time his guys came in we got worse. Also holtz took leavitt a guys and did well that first year. Cwt took Holtz's team and found new definitions for ineptness. I don't think my expectations are unreasonable I think if cwt is a great coach he should have won at least one more game than holtz 4-8 and this year go 6-6 that's slow incremental progress you can get behind. Instead we went backwards and are now hoping to be where he should have been in year one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Guys just know that dwelling on the past is better than looking forward to the future. LET'S GET THIS PITY PARTY TURNED UP!!!!!!

Sadly I am dwelling on our present, if we see tangible results I will have hope towards the future but not simply have hope for the sake of it. At current cwt is in every statistical measure the worst coach in usf history.

He's also the only Coach to walk into a complete disaster of a program not equipped to compete at their current level of competition. CJL got to build the program from scratch which was truly unique and Holtz walked into a great situations that CJL built and burned the whole **** thing to the ground. CWT will get one possibly two more years but at the very least he's significantly improved the talent level of this team. You can't win games without talent and the fact that he's restocking the cupboard is definitely something that should give you hope for the future with or without CWT. It's like a guy had this great car that he rebuilt over the years and it was coming all together and right as he was about to get it right where he wanted he got divorced and had to sell the car. The kid who bought it ragged the car out never changed the oil or did any maintenance and blew the motor. That kid sold the car to the next guy who has started to rebuild that engine piece by piece but he still doesn't have all the parts he needs to get it up and running again. You say patience is for losers but nothing that is built to last is built in such a short period of time. Look at how long it took CJL to get us close to being a truly successful level (he didn't get us there thought we have never won a conference title). Holtz pretty much burned the whole **** thing to the ground and expecting a program with our limitations (money, donors, fan base) to get it turned around in just two seasons is completely unrealistic.

Sorry but this excuse wouldn't fall on such deaf ears if we didn't hear the same excuses by the Holtz supportersand every time his guys came in we got worse. Also holtz took leavitt a guys and did well that first year. Cwt took Holtz's team and found new definitions for ineptness. I don't think my expectations are unreasonable I think if cwt is a great coach he should have won at least one more game than holtz 4-8 and this year go 6-6 that's slow incremental progress you can get behind. Instead we went backwards and are now hoping to be where he should have been in year one.

You can't behind 6-6? You are a piss poor fan.

When they do turn it around, and they will, these are the fans who will forget everything they said and pretend they knew all along we were improving...POSERS

I will eat crow with the biggest smile on my face. All I care about is winning, and if we manage that more often than we lose I will gladly tell you every week that you were right and I was wrong.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I've had a long day. Who'd we lose to today?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Did you watch any of the Holtz games after BJ went down?  We were truly awful and had no competent QB's waiting in the wings. Holtz recruited horribly while at USF.  He'd get a small handful of kids that had legitimate offers to play at good programs and the rest of his classes basically consisted of kids that would jump at a USF offer and he wouldn't have to work hard to secure a commitment from.  The only reason we continued to win any games was BJ's ability to pretty much carry the offense on his back and a defense that was made up of CJL hold overs.  As those CJL hold overs on D started to depart the program started to decline as an offense that lacked any true playmakers besides BJ couldn't score when it mattered.  Then BJ got hurt at the tail end of his senior season and those still paying attention saw exactly how horrible we were.  If you thought we had a chance to be competitive at all last year you have zero football IQ and weren't paying attention to during the 2012 season.  Also, if you look at the kids who are out there and making plays for us the majority of them are freshmen and sophomores brought in by CWT that have leapfrogged the Holtz era under-talented upperclassmen.  This team is young and has a ton of talented freshmen (we are out recruiting the rest of our conference despite our terrible record and fan support, CWT's doing) out there learning on the job.  Last season we would have never been in either the Wisconsin or Maryland game with a chance to win.  There is progress being made but you have to actually pay attention to the roster, who/how the players are playing, and not just if we win or not.  I get it, your the spoiled part of our fan base that thinks USF should never have a down era, but I hate to break it to you even programs with every advantage in the world have to go through down eras and rebuild.  But I get it you're determined to have a pity party and lack the attention span and/or football IQ to see where this program was after Holtz left to where they are now.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I've had a long day. Who'd we lose to today?

Nobody .... problem appears to be we didn't win either.

You can't behind 6-6? You are a piss poor fan.
I said that was my expectations for him in year two so yes I can get behind that. He walked into a 3-9 team so progress should be 4-8 but instead he digressed. One would also expect to continue the progression in year two so I feel 6-6 would be reasonable for where he started and show the progress required for the job. Right now it looks like we will finish where he should have ended year one but if he gets to 6-6 I will be dancing in the streets, singing his praises and telling everyone that I was wrong with great joy.