• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to KU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If I ran fau it fiu, I'd throw serious cash at Leavitt

the dude is a program builder

A couple of our nutjobs here claim it isn't so, because he hasn't accepted an offer to go somewhere and build a program again.

He can build a program - but he can't really take it to the next level... He is the best to take a team from nothing to at least 3 conference losses per year.

+1

Something else to consider is Jim Harbaugh's potential for being ousted in San Francisco. Have to be dummy for another coach to go in and pick apart that defense of staff, but it's possible he might need a job after this year.

Leavitt could be a pretty good choice as Harbaugh's DC at Michigan.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

USF should not play any series against CJL's potential team....

You saw what Skip Holtz did (with USF) to Notre Dame... 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I thought he was a shoe in for Kansas State.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Something else to consider is Jim Harbaugh's potential for being ousted in San Francisco. Have to be dummy for another coach to go in and pick apart that defense of staff, but it's possible he might need a job after this year.

I think you have it backwards....the defensive staff will be gone WAY -35+ before Harbaugh is gone.

I think you have it backwards....the defensive staff will be gone WAY -35+ before Harbaugh is gone.

It isn't really that Harbaugh will be ousted, the situation is that it appears he wants out.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

A couple of our nutjobs here claim it isn't so, because he hasn't accepted an offer to go somewhere and build a program again.

He can build a program - but he can't really take it to the next level... He is the best to take a team from nothing to at least 3 conference losses per year.

Just because he hadn't yet taken us to whatever next level you're referring to doesn't mean he couldn't .... doesn't mean he could, either ... but based on where he brought us, he had earned a few more years before putting that label on him.

Leavitt himself said that he was a couple of recruiting classes away from building the depth needed to get over the mid season slump.

So teams like UConn had built to the point of getting over it?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Wish the best for CJL, hope he lands a head coaching gig somewhere at a big school if that's what he wants...just not one that recruits FL. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

^^^^ unnecessary, and not necessarily so.  By all accounts, at least smazza's, USF has everything to be successful.  Sun, the Andros pool, and Florida.

Don't be so negative about our program.

Also, Judy, who is involved whenever she wishes to be, would not allow her non-P5 program to play a Leavitt coached team.  

You know what they say about opinions...

I don't, what's your opinion?

Mine is that, if I'm the AD, and I think that a certain contract is in the best interest of the program, I'm signing it.

IF my superior is not going to let me perform the duties I was hired to do, they can find someone else. Especially if the only reason is a personal beef.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Just because he hadn't yet taken us to whatever next level you're referring to doesn't mean he couldn't .... doesn't mean he could, either ... but based on where he brought us, he had earned a few more years before putting that label on him.

Leavitt himself said that he was a couple of recruiting classes away from building the depth needed to get over the mid season slump.

So teams like UConn had built to the point of getting over it?

UConn has had since 1896 to get over it ...