• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to KU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

UConn moved up from FCS in 2000.

So the argument is if you dismiss the year Uconn had of a jump start in 1-A football as well as in the BigEast,the century of athletics along with the boosters and name recognition that comes with it, and assume that all was equal that their one conference co championship in 2007 some how means that Leavitt had plateaued and was incapable of getting us to the next level?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

After spending 21 years there ...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

After what our program has been through since CJL was fired, I am SHOCKED beyond belief that there are still those on here who will not give him any credit. It's amazing. Isn't a plateau at 8-wins better than a steady decline in talent, conference, wins, and bowl appearances? Maybe I am the one confused.

In any event, I wish Leavitt well and will pull for him any time he is not playing our Bulls.

Petrino apologized because he was clearly guilty of the accusations, including paying his mistress from University funds.

Leavitt, on the other hand, actually WON his suit against USF, which, if you are a logical person in any sense, SHOULD cast some doubt as to his guilt. I am certain that there was some truth to the accusations, but, it must not have been as black and white as some on here think. Judging by the last 5 years, maybe Leavitt should have been the most powerful man in the building. Clearly he was putting a winning product on the field in spite of the "leadership" above him.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt deserves alot of credit for what he did in starting the program and winning some big games

but once he struck a student athlete that ended his relationship  with usf

an honest look at leavitt's record reveals he never won anything

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So the argument is if you dismiss the year Uconn had of a jump start in 1-A football as well as in the BigEast,the century of athletics along with the boosters and name recognition that comes with it, and assume that all was equal that their one conference co championship in 2007 some how means that Leavitt had plateaued and was incapable of getting us to the next level?

So the argument is that Florida recruiting is over hyped and inferior to New England?

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I wish him luck.  If Bobby Petrino can get another chance, why not CJL.  

It's easier to overlook the questionable part of his past, which is must worse than CJL's IMO, with Petrino's on the field success ...

I am not saying that I think his allegedly slapping a player should be overlooked, it is definitely a consideration. However, time has past and he should be given a second chance in the college ranks.  Who knows, he may not be interested in a head coach position or any position at the collegiate level.  I agree that the disputed slap is not as bad as what Petrino did.  I am thankful for all he did for USF football and only wish him success.

After spending 21 years there ...

Are you implying that Skip Holtz built UConn's foundation to win the Big East and dominate USF because he took them to the FCS playoffs.

I wish him luck.  If Bobby Petrino can get another chance, why not CJL.  

It's easier to overlook the questionable part of his past, which is must worse than CJL's IMO, with Petrino's on the field success ...

I am not saying that I think his allegedly slapping a player should be overlooked, it is definitely a consideration. However, time has past and he should be given a second chance in the college ranks.  Who knows, he may not be interested in a head coach position or any position at the collegiate level.  I agree that the disputed slap is not as bad as what Petrino did.  I am thankful for all he did for USF football and only wish him success.

The big things are how he reacted. He interfered with an investigation and sued the school. Both, IMO, make it harder for another school to want to employ him. IF he does something again, he can't be trusted to not get involved when he shouldn't and plus you can almost guarantee you're ending up in court. Petrino apologized and didn't sue Arkansas..

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

leavitt deserves alot of credit for what he did in starting the program and winning some big games

correct.

I would not have fired CJL abruptly... Replace him overtime during the investigation? Yes!

I give him a lot of credit for building the prorgram. He brought in some of the best years for USF, BUT he wasn't a closer.

correct.

I would not have fired CJL abruptly... Replace him overtime during the investigation? Yes!

I give him a lot of credit for building the prorgram. He brought in some of the best years for USF, BUT he wasn't a closer.

He was fired abruptly FOR INTERFERING WITH THE INVESTIGATION.