• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to KU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I just cant see Leavitt taking the KU job. There will be better jobs that open up for him, so I doubt he jumps to the Jayhawks. He may just wait out Bill Snyder and take over at KSU like he could have done before if he was not so loyal to USF. Thanks a lot to the USF people that got rid of a loyal coach. 

So loyal he sued and the settlement money came out of donations for the student athletes.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

UConn moved up from FCS in 2000.

After spending 21 years there ...

Are you implying that Skip Holtz built UConn's foundation to win the Big East and dominate USF because he took them to the FCS playoffs.

That's reaching even for you, slick...

Why? People bring up 100 years of football like it makes some huge difference. If what happened 10 years ago is such a factor on a team, then USF would be top 25 now, right? USF never got higher than 3rd in the Big East while other programs, that didn't have "the best recruits" in its back yard won the Big East. Saying its because they had football a long time is ridiculous. Leavitt didn't have any worse depth than UConn or UL, etc.. That is an excuse that others didn't use because they were too busy winning the Big East.

Pretty sure when most people are talking about longevoty of a football program, it's not players and coaches they're talking about, it's boosters.

By having a 100-year head start on us, they ougth to have 100-odd years of better boosters, and money talks.

USF has had boosters for decades. And doesn't have the expense of an OCS.  Don't buy it.

For those that don't know, UCONN got a free stadium off-campus stadium from the State of CT, as it was a scaled down version of the NFL Stadium that the State tried to bribe the Patriots to move to Hartford when they were looking for a stadium. 

After the Pats decided to stay in Foxboro, State of CT offered to build a 40,000 seat stadium in East Hartford as UCONN was moving up from Div I-AA to Div I-A.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I just cant see Leavitt taking the KU job. There will be better jobs that open up for him, so I doubt he jumps to the Jayhawks. He may just wait out Bill Snyder and take over at KSU like he could have done before if he was not so loyal to USF. Thanks a lot to the USF people that got rid of a loyal coach. 

So loyal he sued and the settlement money came out of donations for the student athletes.

:roflmao: