• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to KU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

If I ran fau it fiu, I'd throw serious cash at Leavitt

the dude is a program builder

A couple of our nutjobs here claim it isn't so, because he hasn't accepted an offer to go somewhere and build a program again.

He can build a program - but he can't really take it to the next level... He is the best to take a team from nothing to at least 3 conference losses per year.

well put

at the end of the day he didnt win a thing

his myth is larger than reality

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

If I ran fau it fiu, I'd throw serious cash at Leavittthe dude is a program builder

A couple of our nutjobs here claim it isn't so, because he hasn't accepted an offer to go somewhere and build a program again.

He can build a program - but he can't really take it to the next level... He is the best to take a team from nothing to at least 3 conference losses per year.

Just because he hadn't yet taken us to whatever next level you're referring to doesn't mean he couldn't .... doesn't mean he could, either ... but based on where he brought us, he had earned a few more years before putting that label on him.

Leavitt himself said that he was a couple of recruiting classes away from building the depth needed to get over the mid season slump.

So teams like UConn had built to the point of getting over it?

UConn has had since 1896 to get over it ...

Not FBS, Holtz coached them as a FCS team. And since when is Connecticut a hotbed of recruiting, better than Florida?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

If I ran fau it fiu, I'd throw serious cash at Leavittthe dude is a program builder

well put

well put

I sure miss those end of the season thingies he won all the time... Bowl games.

I think if Leavitt did what Petrino did, apologize in public, not sue his employer or interfere with the investigation, he'd have a much better chance of another HC job. Those are huge red flags.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

We'll see.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

If I ran fau it fiu, I'd throw serious cash at Leavitt

the dude is a program builder

If you're basing this statement on the one HC job he's ever had, then I'm assuming you believe we should fire CWT right now since it's proven he can't win more than 7 games.

If CWT has the same issue in 4-5 more years, sure... CJL had 5 years of USF in conference play (C-USA and Big East, but always had 3+ conference losses... seems to me he hit a plateau... and the university had problems with recruiting to the point of creating an academic committee to prevent losing scholarship from reduced APR.

It would have been different if progress was being made. If CWT hits a similar plateau, I can understand firing him as well.

I know it's hard to grasp now that are now plummeting in conference strength while at the same time managing to lose 2-3x as many games but at the time he was "plateauing" we were actually winning those 7-9 games a year while going up in conference strength before those recruiting classes caught up( we skyrocketed from nothing to the Big East with barely that three year mark ever staying in one place and always moving up) Kind of the same excuse we get to deal with now but with more wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't we move into the Big East at the same time as L'ville, Cinci and some others?  Those 2 managed conference titles dealing with the same jump up in conference as USF. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

When we started the Big East was the same what lead to it not so much

USF

1997-2000: Division I-AA Independent

2001-2002: Division I-A Independent

2003-2004: Conference USA

2005: Big East Conference

LOUISVILLE

1912-1913: Independent

1914-1916: Kentucky Intercollegiate Ath. Assoc.
1914-1941: Southern Intercollegiate Ath. Assoc.
1942-1945: Independent
1946-1947: Kentucky Intercollegiate Ath. Conf.
1948: Ohio Valley Conference
1949-1963: Independent
1964-1974: Missouri Valley Conference
1975-1995: Independent
1996-2004: Conference USA
2005: Big East

CINCINNATI

1885-1910: Independent

1911-1927: Ohio Athletic Conference
1925-1937: Buckeye Intercollegiate Ath. Assoc.
1938-1946: Independent
1947-1952: Mid-American Athletic Conference
1953-1956: Independent
1957-1969: Missouri Valley Conference
1970-1995: Independent
1996-2004: Conference USA
2005: Big East

UConn moved up from FCS in 2000.