• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cost us the game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

Even further showing my age, that is one thing that really stuck in my mind from watching tv broadcasts that Hank Stram, one of my favorite coaches and color commentators. worked. He always pointed the wrong arm thing out when ball carriers were running down the sideline ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

At the same time, it's not that far of a reach that IF Mack broke the tackle, he COULD'VE scored.

There are ALWAYS an "if"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Swanson will be huge for us....wait and see

I'll take a team of Swanson's anyday.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Swanson tried to get a TD ... He needed to hold on the ball.

He wasn't going to score. You have to know to switch the ball.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We were seriously out-matched on the road. It has been a long time, but, I was very proud to be a Bull in that game. The penalties... that's USF football and showed that the guys were playing with passion. Some of them were also BS. Wisky got a long pass play on a clear hold that the announcers even called out. Would have been a sack. As the game went on, it became clear that we needed a huge momentum shifting play to have a chance. Punt or INT return for a TD. The offense isn't ready to shoulder that load just yet, but, White showed some serious promise. If he continues to improve and the OL gives him time, this kid can make plays.

I for one was more encouraged in that loss than I have been in our 2 wins. We're going to need to be very aggressive against ECU to have a shot, but, if we can play with the passion we did on Saturday, we have a shot. Win that game and the AAC is winable. Does CWT have what it takes to keep the team consistent?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Even further showing my age, that is one thing that really stuck in my mind from watching tv broadcasts that Hank Stram, one of my favorite coaches and color commentators. worked. He always pointed the wrong arm thing out when ball carriers were running down the sideline ...

In pro ball? Couldn't be...

I think what cost us the game was the three penalties and 9:33 the D was on the field after the fumble.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651
  • Days Won:  0

It didn't cost us the game, but definitely a momentum changer. Frustrating to see a basic fundamental (ball in the outside hand) not used in that situation. Either way, we need to build on this game and use these 2 weeks to prepare for a hot ECU team. Lets move to 2-0 in conference play.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

He is a talented freshman. He will either learn from this or not. After play he looked despondant on the bench. Taggert got him back into the game later. I bet he learns from this. This is our first really talented fullback that can catch passes out of the backfield. 

Adversity either makes you stronger or destories you. I am betting on Swanson......

Ty

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I support Swanson for sure. But there's not much doubt that it was a game-changing blunder. It happens to everyone and he'll learn from it.