• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cost us the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Swanson will be huge for us....wait and see

That Wisconsin game was the first time I've seen Swanson contribute significantly to the offense. I like what I see out of him; the fumble is a mistake chalked up to inexperience.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

If given the choice, I would much rather take a nice catch with a fumble then a miss. It showed Whites accuracy AND Swansons ability to catch the ball while on the move. Yes he made a mistake but after that game I very highly doubt he'll do that again

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This probably "cost us the game" as much as Swanson's fumble:

KNWMIJJGQRVHREB.20140927202736.jpg  ...no one thing lost us that game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Even further showing my age, that is one thing that really stuck in my mind from watching tv broadcasts that Hank Stram, one of my favorite coaches and color commentators. worked. He always pointed the wrong arm thing out when ball carriers were running down the sideline ...

I watched a lot of games called by Stram.  As Swanson was rumbling down the sidelines I kept thinking "Put the ball in your left hand!"

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

KNWMIJJGQRVHREB.20140927202736.jpg ...no one thing lost us that game.

Great picture

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

KNWMIJJGQRVHREB.20140927202736.jpg ...no one thing lost us that game.

Great picture

+1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The refs were terrible.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Watching the game after getting back from Wisconsin a day late due to the controller issue, I confirmed a lot of things that I saw from the stands:

Referee Issues:

Play 1: Pass Interference - See picture above, I could tell he raked his right arm from the opposite corner of the stands. ESPN announcers agreed and the picture above is proof. Maybe a bang-bang but refs seemed to see all the other interference called on us.

Play 2: Our left DE, I believe, is clearly held right out in the open where they eventually completed a 15 yd pass. ESPN announcers clearly saw it and agreed.

Play 3: Fumble recovery of Gordon at end of the first half. The Bulls player that recovered the ball had his right knee on top of the Wisconsin players leg. The whistle was never blown the entire time until the head ref saw our player already running 5 yds down the field and then you heard the whistles.....what the heck is up with that.

Play 4: On the "fake" clear out fair catch by Wisconsin, he started to run with the ball after the whistle. A couple hours later a similar thing happened in the FSU game where they ran after the fair catch. We were yelling from the stands that it was a penalty. It was flagged at FSU as a 5 yard delay of game.

With all this, we catch the ball and not lateral to a defender for the second week in a row and not fumble at the 10, we probably have a good shot. At least definitely a better game despite the refs.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Although I agree about the bad ref'ing, we have to be careful not to chock up the Badger's win to that or fumbles or ...   we'll start sounding like UCiF. They won, we lost, and they have the stats to show it.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

That Swanson fumble cost us the game. Could have gone out hopefully scored a touchdown on that drive instead fumble and they take 10 minutes to score and go up by 17.

Not really, we were not playing at the level to truly win this game.  Offense is still sputtering