• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin game will tell us much

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

For all those saying there is absolutely no chance in this game. Did you not watch the MSU game last year? We had a much worse team and were still very competitive in that game. Am I predicting a USF win? No that is unlikely but not impossible, but I will be shocked if we don't cover the spread for sure.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

It's just impossible to tell which Bulls team will make the trip...the one that played against Maryland, or State, or UConn. We also seem to need a break or two to go our way or our guys get discouraged and mopey and it snowballs. I feel ridiculous even writing this, but I think it's pretty accurate.

I could see a blowout easy--Wisconsin is a better team than State--and I could see us covering the spread fairly easily too. I could even see us getting fired up enough to squeak out a victory...but that's based more on our history of doing so rather than logic or common sense.

I hope our giant killer team makes the trip up North.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

It's just impossible to tell which Bulls team will make the trip...the one that played against Maryland, or State, or UConn. We also seem to need a break or two to go our way or our guys get discouraged and mopey and it snowballs. I feel ridiculous even writing this, but I think it's pretty accurate.

I could see a blowout easy--Wisconsin is a better team than State--and I could see us covering the spread fairly easily too. I could even see us getting fired up enough to squeak out a victory...but that's based more on our history of doing so rather than logic or common sense.

I hope our giant killer team makes the trip up North.

I agree with this.  You really have no idea which Bulls team will show up.  The one thing this football program has done consistently for 17 years is play inconsistently.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

For all those saying there is absolutely no chance in this game. Did you not watch the MSU game last year? We had a much worse team and were still very competitive in that game. Am I predicting a USF win? No that is unlikely but not impossible, but I will be shocked if we don't cover the spread for sure.

Michigan State had the same offensive identity as USF last year.  None.  As the year went on they figured it out and their defense was really good.  

Wisconsin is not going to try to win this game 7-0 with a defensive score.  They are going to punch us in the mouth and put up 40, 50, 60+ points.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

Give it time, Taggart is working to build a system.  It will take 2 or 3 more years.

Somebody should sue CSH, he destroyed this program.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Give it time, Taggart is working to build a system.  It will take 2 or 3 more years.

Somebody should sue CSH, he destroyed this program.

The fact hat he can still manage to cash those USF checks is wild to me.  At this point can he honestly even believe he was going to turn it around?  ECU is better without him, he drove us straight into the dirt, and La Tech was due for a dip losing all those seniors when he arrived has now lost to a 1AA team.  The guy had to have been straight carried by his assistants at ECU.

He's so terrible.  The most expensive coach we've ever had, I wouldn't let coach my high school team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If we get our teeth kicked in by a team favored to kick our teeth in then we conclude that CWT cannot make adjustments?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The only expectation I have Saturday morning is getting drunk. I don't think we'll win - I don't think we'll be within 30 of them when it's all said and done. However, I'll be there cheering our guys on, questioning in my head why we called certain plays in certain situations (like five yard passes on 3rd and 10), and wondering when the brutality will stop. My expectation - to have an enjoyable road trip where the game is not the main focus. In previous years, the game was ALWAYS the focus.

I know better now though - there will be no calling Paul Finebaum like Matty Gunz and I did when roadtripping from North Carolina to the Auburn game telling Paul on air that we would beat Auburn. There will be no pounding our chests like we did going into the FSU game or Notre Dame games. People can say Holtz is the problem all they want - but I've both played and watched enough football in my life to realize when things are broke. Whether Taggart can fix it or not... that's not my problem I suppose. I'm just hoping things change sooner than later.

That was a great article about Alabama and WKU. However, the only thing that sticks out in my memory is the final score - it was 35-0. That's what life really comes down too. I don't want a participation trophy. I just want to win. I went golfing with my father-in-law this past weekend (my first time playing 18-holes). I shot a 132 over that 18-holes (turrible as Charles Barkley would say). About a month ago, I started taking lessons from a golf pro in San Antonio so I could at least be ready for the occasion (I got in about eight lessons). The golf pro preached about not slicing things to the right. He would preach about shots going left being good shots and how few people could do it. Well, I hit 90% of my shots to the left that day. My father-in-law parked every shot down the middle of the fairway. He asked why I hit everything to the left. I said my instructor said it's the sign of a good golfer. My father-in-law said a good golfer hits a shot straight (he shot a 79). Take from it what you want. I just want to hit the ball straight and I want USF to find a way to win. 

See you guys in Wisconsin.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Probably won't tell us anything.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Games provide an extraordinary amount of data. To the casual fan (I would but myself in that category) there might not be much during games like NCST but, there are certainly things I have noticed this year. The team has a backbone. Even during our losses this year the team has been fighting and young players are getting experience. This is not a moral victory thing, its a fact. Its a change of culture which is hard to do and for that I give CWT much credit. Also there is talent on this team and much of that is also directly related to CWT. Look at the roster you have Fr and So all over. While they make some mistakes the talent is there and is much more than I can say for the last several years. 

Recruiting, getting players to buy into the system, and discipline/putting in the work, are definitely part of the coaching staffs responsibilities and I don't think from what we have seen in the last year we can question the improvement. From what he has done thus far on the recruiting trails we have to believe he will be able to get his guys in place over the next couple of years. CWT has also got rid of coaches that weren't working which I believe was always an issue with our previous two head coaches.

The more pertinent questions IMO are 1) How good is the coaching staff at X & O's/Game-planning? 2)Can they develop talent?