• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weakness of the Oline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Less than half the linemen from those classes remain active on the team.

Q Eatmon 3 stars (played right tackle and moved to right guard due to ineffectiveness)

J Kaufman 3 stars (missed spring due to surgery, not playing now, played in 3 games for his career)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204879669

Tony Kibler 3 stars (not on team anymore)

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130905/SPORTS/130909710

A Reiter 2 stars (starting Center last couple years)

Darrel Williams 3 stars (Left tackle)

Boo Simon 3 stars (Medical issue not on team anymore)

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/boo_simon_walks_away_from_foot.html

Max Lang 3 stars (not on team anymore)

Thor Jozwiak (Still on team but medical issue last year and injured in game 1 this year)

Marquise White 2 stars (not on team anymore)

Brynjar Gundmundsson 2 stars (right guard now at right tackle)

Chandlor Mathews (JUCO) 3 stars (Not on team anymore)

Lawrence Martin (JUCO) 3 stars (Played 2 years never started)

Kameron Davis 3 stars (Not on team anymore)

Kofi Amichia 3 stars (Backup- did not play last game)

6 out of 14 linemen in those 3 classes is still on the team. Some of it is not anyone's fault (Simon) but the lines are thin and the attrition here is not good.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Thank you Tags, for telling us the obvious.  

Next he will say that QB play needs to improve and the defense needs to tackle better.

He said the OL is not doing it's part and no position there is safe ... what the hell more do you want?

He told us last year that no position is ever safe, that you need to earn it every week - in practice and during games.

He just said today that the OLine positions are no longer safe.  In other words, he's been letting them coast.  I've never seen a more inconsistent coach.  He never follows through on what he says.

What I the hell want is for him to play the guys that are making plays, not just play his favorites.  It is blindingly obvious that has not been the case on offense.

So who on the OL, in your opinion, is making plays but not playing because of the laughable reason that he's playing his "favorites" instead? ... and also explain how exactly they can be making plays if they're not playing.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

"Nobody has job security except Mike White; Give that dimwit Bench a shot? we're not doing that anymore around here," he said.

FIFY Taggart.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Next he will say that QB play needs to improve and the defense needs to tackle better.

He said the OL is not doing it's part and no position there is safe ... what the hell more do you want?

He told us last year that no position is ever safe, that you need to earn it every week - in practice and during games.

He just said today that the OLine positions are no longer safe.  In other words, he's been letting them coast.  I've never seen a more inconsistent coach.  He never follows through on what he says.

What I the hell want is for him to play the guys that are making plays, not just play his favorites.  It is blindingly obvious that has not been the case on offense.

So who on the OL, in your opinion, is making plays but not playing because of the laughable reason that he's playing his "favorites" instead? ... and also explain how exactly they can be making plays if they're not playing.

That would be exactly my point, wouldn't it?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

"Guys have to be able to hold up their part of the bargain and play at the level we know they're capable of. I just know we're not playing at that level up front. I know they're so much better and we need for them to be better, and they will be better."  - Willie Taggart

I personally am sick and tired of hearing this crap.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

"Guys have to be able to hold up their part of the bargain and play at the level we know they're capable of. I just know we're not playing at that level up front. I know they're so much better and we need for them to be better, and they will be better." - Willie Taggart

I personally am sick and tired of hearing this crap.

I tend to agree. Who is responsible for teaching them the skills to be better and of motivating them to do their best on gameday, if not CWT himself?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

No, it wouldn't. "What I the hell want is for him to play the guys that are making plays." That makes no sense .... You didn't answer my question about who he should be playing instead of his "favorites"?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Who is the OL coach?  The HC is ultimately responsible for the entire team, but the position coaches are directly responsible for how each group performs (taking the current talent level into account).  Taggert is responsible for not having the right guy there to coach the OL.  The current OL coach is the guy that has to get his unit ready to play.  Does the OL coach have any pedigree or a body of work from prior teams that can give you an idea on whether there's hope or if Taggart needs to find a new guy?  Just curious.  I'm a Pitt fan by the way.  I'm hoping to see a future series with the Bulls in the coming years.  Pitt has openings in from 2018 and after.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No, it wouldn't. "What I the hell want is for him to play the guys that are making plays." That makes no sense .... You didn't answer my question about who he should be playing instead of his "favorites"?

It makes me laugh that because some fans believe the guy on the bench is better than the guy playing, that the coach must be sticking with his favorites.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Who is the OL coach?  The HC is ultimately responsible for the entire team, but the position coaches are directly responsible for how each group performs (taking the current talent level into account).  Taggert is responsible for not having the right guy there to coach the OL.  The current OL coach is the guy that has to get his unit ready to play.  Does the OL coach have any pedigree or a body of work from prior teams that can give you an idea on whether there's hope or if Taggart needs to find a new guy?  Just curious.  I'm a Pitt fan by the way.  I'm hoping to see a future series with the Bulls in the coming years.  Pitt has openings in from 2018 and after.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37329&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209368847&Q_SEASON=2014

Wulff, OC and OLine Coach