• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weakness of the Oline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Last year is completely irrelevant.  The point is, #dosomething.  If no position is safe, he needs to act like it, especially at the top position. 

last year is not irrelevant.

if Bench plays lights out against Maryland than White never sees the field again.

Bench came in because of injury.  Absolutely no starter prep and we almost got a win.  White gets a narrow win over a FCS team and then gets blown out by NCSU in his next start.  Completing 5 passes.  Plus, he has an injured arm and virtually no mobility. 

Last year is history.  No position is safe, right? 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Last year is completely irrelevant.  The point is, #dosomething.  If no position is safe, he needs to act like it, especially at the top position. 

Do you want more musical chairs with the QBs or pick one no matter how bad?

For the record, I'm in favor of read-option with Bench and Flowers and throwing 6 times a game.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

last year is not irrelevant.

if Bench plays lights out against Maryland than White never sees the field again.

Bench came in because of injury.  Absolutely no starter prep and we almost got a win.  White gets a narrow win over a FCS team and then gets blown out by NCSU in his next start.  Completing 5 passes.  Plus, he has an injured arm and virtually no mobility. 

Last year is history.  No position is safe, right? 

no position is safe but someone has to actually take it from you.

Bench had nothing to do with us almost beating Maryland. His QB rating was actually lower than White's vs NC State.

I agree with SANJAY. Just stop throwing the ball period. I honestly couldn't care less if he throws Bench out there but he is not suited for running this offense.

For the record, I'm in favor of read-option with Bench and Flowers and throwing 6 times a game.

I think it's pretty clear I'm arguing against "pick one no matter how bad."  I wouldn't be this way if I didn't think that, to paraphrase one of my favorite movies, Mike White is "protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness." 

My opinion is that Bench hasn't gotten a fair shake this whole time.  If he had a start by now and sucked as bad, I'd go with White because of the greater upside, but he hasn't gotten the chance yet. 

I think it's pretty clear I'm arguing against "pick one no matter how bad."  I wouldn't be this way if I didn't think that, to paraphrase one of my favorite movies, Mike White is "protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness." 

My opinion is that Bench hasn't gotten a fair shake this whole time.  If he had a start by now and sucked as bad, I'd go with White because of the greater upside, but he hasn't gotten the chance yet. 

So keep rotating them until someone hits. Like the slot machine?  Slots are for suckers. Or so some gambling addicted buddies of mine tell me.

no position is safe but someone has to actually take it from you.

Bench had nothing to do with us almost beating Maryland. His QB rating was actually lower than White's vs NC State.

I agree with SANJAY. Just stop throwing the ball period. I honestly couldn't care less if he throws Bench out there but he is not suited for running this offense.

Just give Bench the same opportunities as White has gotten.  It's all I ask.  If it shakes out the same way, fine, but let's at least rule it out.  The mobility dimension has to come into play, also, as this O-line can't protect worth a ****.  We need the mobility way more than we need a statue in the pocket. 

So keep rotating them until someone hits. Like the slot machine?  Slots are for suckers. Or so some gambling addicted buddies of mine tell me.

Exactly, because those two are exactly the same situation.  :facepalm::rolleyes:  

Great analogy, man. 

It was a joke. Relax.  

Can't believe I wasted my 6,000th post on you.

It was a joke. Relax.  

Hope you stretch your legs really well.  Pulling up short like that can strain the ol' hammy.  Next time, the joke/sarcasm font might be a good idea to employ. 

Apologies for ruining your momentous milestone. 

It was a joke. Relax.  

Hope you stretch your legs really well.  Pulling up short like that can strain the ol' hammy.  Next time, the joke/sarcasm font might be a good idea to employ. 

Apologies for ruining your momentous milestone. 

Only guys who run fast can pull a hammy.