• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart had Plans to Use Flowers First 2 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Whatever the reason, the coach says that they had plans to use him.  Why would he lie about something like that?  Obviously, something about the flow of the game made him change his mind.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

They wanted him to get some game experience in mop up duty.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

These types of things just make the coaching staff sound dumb.  And similar things even happen in the NFL.  I would guess they wanted a situation where the game was in control to introduce Flowers and in both games the offense wasn't running smoothly so they didn't go that direction.

If you are only going to use him if things are going well, why use him at all?  That tells me it was either a gimmick or a way to make Flowers happy by getting him on the field.  E

I really see no explanation which indicates that Flowers would actually add something to the game plan.  So if it isn't something that could help, why bother?  Aren't we trying to win games?

Why can't it be as simple as wanting to get his redshirt QB into the game when there's absolutely no pressure?  He hasn't been able to do that with ANY QB yet.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

if flowers is the future red shirt him

if he is better than white or bench play him

if flowers is not the future play him in the slot

USF NEEDS TO BE CREATIVE AND USE ALL THEIR SKILL PLAYERS

Agree,   Had Many opportunities to get him in the game if that was the plan. (If not worried about the redshirt).

If he is one of the Best players on the team and you don't utilize him than that falls on the coaching.   

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

These types of things just make the coaching staff sound dumb.  And similar things even happen in the NFL.  I would guess they wanted a situation where the game was in control to introduce Flowers and in both games the offense wasn't running smoothly so they didn't go that direction.

If you are only going to use him if things are going well, why use him at all?  That tells me it was either a gimmick or a way to make Flowers happy by getting him on the field.  E

I really see no explanation which indicates that Flowers would actually add something to the game plan.  So if it isn't something that could help, why bother?  Aren't we trying to win games?

Why can't it be as simple as wanting to get his redshirt QB into the game when there's absolutely no pressure?  He hasn't been able to do that with ANY QB yet.

This!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

It's simple. They planned to use him against WCU when up 3 scores and planned to use him against Maryland when down 3 scores. Neither scenario came to fruition.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

It's simple. They planned to use him against WCU when up 3 scores and planned to use him against Maryland when down 3 scores. Neither scenario came to fruition.

You beat me to it.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

So, um... Flowers will be thrown into the NC State game... if we are up by 3 scores or down by 3 scores?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Because it would be idiotic to use a true freshman if he isn't capable of helping the team.  Why burn a RS unnessarily?  Either he is ready to contibute or he isn't.  If he isn't ready, why use him?  If he is ready, he should have been in there.