• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart had Plans to Use Flowers First 2 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm not so concerned about redshirting as I am about putting someone in the game that isn't ready.  BJ Daniels never recovered from being rushed into action.  Why do we want to do that to any of these players.  QB isn't a position that you can put a guy in for two or three plays and then let him sit out.  Generally speaking, that is a disaster waiting to happen.

What do you mean, never recovered? He made an NFL team FFS.

And don't tell me I should trust the coaches.  At this point, the defensive coaches have proven to me they know what they are doing.  What they have done with the defense in the time they have been here is very impressive.  On the offensive side of the ball, I've seen nothing except one fiasco after another.  It has been over a year now, and I've seen absolutely nothing that makes me think Taggart and Co know how to run an offense and how to develop players on that side of the ball.  I keep hoping it will change with the next game, but it hasn't.  I'd rather Flowers sit than get screwed up the way they have screwed up White and Bench and the rest of the players on offense.

Now you have a point. I'm not convinced Taggs knows how to run an offense either.

One of the most difficult things for insecure control freaks to do is to admit when they're over their head there and let someone else take over.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not so concerned about redshirting as I am about putting someone in the game that isn't ready.  BJ Daniels never recovered from being rushed into action.  Why do we want to do that to any of these players.  QB isn't a position that you can put a guy in for two or three plays and then let him sit out.  Generally speaking, that is a disaster waiting to happen.

And don't tell me I should trust the coaches.  At this point, the defensive coaches have proven to me they know what they are doing.  What they have done with the defense in the time they have been here is very impressive.  On the offensive side of the ball, I've seen nothing except one fiasco after another.  It has been over a year now, and I've seen absolutely nothing that makes me think Taggart and Co know how to run an offense and how to develop players on that side of the ball.  I keep hoping it will change with the next game, but it hasn't.  I'd rather Flowers sit than get screwed up the way they have screwed up White and Bench and the rest of the players on offense.

Now you have a point. I'm not convinced Taggs knows how to run an offense either.

One of the most difficult things for insecure control freaks to do is to admit when they're over their head there and let someone else take over.

Didn't Taggs bring in Wulff and relinquish play calling duties over to him

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

wulff was terrible at wsu

and so far our offense lacks creativity and imagination

bench looked lost on last drive

offensive coaches dont seem on the  same page

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Sounds like they were going use him if the lead was large enough which kinda blows that one theory about them holding back against WCU.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Didn't Taggs bring in Wulff and relinquish play calling duties over to him

Did he? :stirpot:

Have you seen a marked improvement in the offense?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

No need to redshirt him. If he is good he won't be sticking around for his 4th year of eligibility anyway. This team needs a spark now, not next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Sounds like they were going use him if the lead was large enough which kinda blows that one theory about them holding back against WCU.

I think that theory was mainly about the defense, and it pretty much proved to be true.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think that theory was mainly about the defense, and it pretty much proved to be true.

And White played as if he was trying to pass a bowling ball to the receivers.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Winky can slam a revolving door.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

And White played as if he was trying to pass a bowling ball to the receivers.

Did you even watch the second half of that game? This White v Bench is ridiculous with both cults sounding loony trying to defend their position. Neither has stood out enough in games to be a clear cut favorite in that regard. If Bench had won that game, I think it would have been hard to not start him. His scramble for the TD was negated by the bonehead plays in the 4th quarter. I like Bench because of his mobility but Whites thrown the ball pretty well after the horrid first half of WCU. Hopefully one of them improves enough by conference play to quiet this nonsense.