• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Five column: "Dear USF Fans: It's Time To Give A **** And Show Up"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

For the smart-asses if we are 3-2 do we have a good showing for homecoming? 

ECU travels well. We'll be outnumbered regardless.

So yes, we will have a "good showing" but the majority will be in purple

You think ECU is bringing 20,000 people on the road?

No, that will be UCF.  Except they are bringing 50K to RayJay.  Just ask them... ;)

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,306
  • Days Won:  10

Students should be embarrassed.  I would be walking around campus saying, hey why were you not at the game!

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I'll have been a usf student for 6 years when I leave here in May. The students today are not the same; football culture isn't like it was.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Students should be embarrassed.  I would be walking around campus saying, hey why were you not at the game!

Maybe they chose to see a drama production, or musical performance, or dance, or robotics, or forensics...maybe, and this is just me spitballing, they chose to support their university in one of its countless endeavors that aren't on a football field and are of infinitely more importance. I know the kids I worked with this summer for video game design at the engineering department don't give a **** about the football team and they aren't any less of a student because they didn't go. Neither were the students I worked with at the College of Education.

Maybe those kids should be asking you where you were when they were busting their ass for USF and you didn't go.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This was posted on reddit...

[–]larkatarks 1 point

an hour ago  

I would like to apologize for personally offending the author for my lack of attendance this past weekend while I worked on homework and thesis.

[–]ISM Summer 14sixrustyspoons [score hidden]

an hour ago  

I have much more important and exciting things to do then sit for 3 hours and watch people play a game.

[–]ChiPhiMike [score hidden]

40 minutes ago  

This isn't important and neither is our football team. Who ******* cares? The only thing worth doing is tailgating beforehand.

The first two, okay, but ChiPhiMike is a total tool

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

[–]larkatarks 1 point

an hour ago  

I would like to apologize for personally offending the author for my lack of attendance this past weekend while I worked on homework and thesis.

an hour ago  

I have much more important and exciting things to do then sit for 3 hours and watch people play a game.

40 minutes ago  

This isn't important and neither is our football team. Who ******* cares? The only thing worth doing is tailgating beforehand.

The first two, okay, but ChiPhiMike is a total tool

If only 1/3 of teenagers are tools, I have hope for America.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

[–]larkatarks 1 point

an hour ago  

an hour ago  

40 minutes ago  

They use reddit, they clearly aren't the type of people that would go to a football game and let loose. Nobody cares about hipster reddit tools. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

I think this a spot on article.  Remember perception is reality a lot of the time.  I remember Jurich saying one of our big proponents in getting into the ACC as far as schools was North Carolina.   The reason being North Carolina we had played in Louisville a season before and the UNC AD and dept. said they were super impressed with the fan support and facilities at Louisville.  So just meaning we USF is playing that P5 school you never know who is at the game.  Also never know wehn that school somewhere down the line might be  a backer for you to get into another conference.  You don't want Maryland or NC State people folks thinking dang I went down to the USF game and they only had 15k people in the stands.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

This really seems like a chicken or the egg scenario. 

Fans show up to winning teams, Teams win with strong fan support. 

Yes I know those are not absolutes. Yes there are a lot of factors and reasons not to go to the game. Sadly the trendy thing right now is to dog on USF, That needs to change. If you want to do/watch/be something/somewhere else fine, go do it but keep quiet. There are a lot of positive changes that have been made in the last 2 years. Those seeds are planted and starting to sprout. 

( yes I left that one open ) 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

[–]larkatarks 1 point

an hour ago  

an hour ago  

40 minutes ago  

They use reddit, they clearly aren't the type of people that would go to a football game and let loose. Nobody cares about hipster reddit tools.

Exactly. Let those people enjoy DragonCon and MythBuster's marathons on TV

• Downvote 1