• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Five column: "Dear USF Fans: It's Time To Give A **** And Show Up"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we somehow manage to go 4-1, all of those fans that will say that they have been to every game will be there.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

SMU and UCONN should be easy wins.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

That's a lot of hot air to say "if you want to compete at the highest levels of football, go to the **** game".

I'm not sure that gets us to the highest levels of football. 

One thing he has right is that this administration is reaching out.

Other than that, it's a lot of Collin telling us about Collin.

I think the ones that care do show up.  But there are several that were driven away 4.5 years when those in power (really in power), Woolard and Genshaft, botched the Leavitt situation (purposely or in their own incompetence) and forever altered the course of the program.  And both are still there, Woolard unbelievably.

Now it's up to someone else to build it.  Hopefully Collin's pleas, as well as those from many other sources, helps them do that.  The program itself had the greatest opportunity yet this season and that was to beat a pretty lousy Maryland team.  Didn't do it.

Taggart seems like a great guy, but he may not a program builder on the level of Leavitt.  Paul Griffin found the guy.  Harlan may end up having to as well. 

He also said that this is what helps teams win...fan support, it is a big part of the game.  I get it and agree with him.  Solidarity in numbers!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

That's a lot of hot air to say "if you want to compete at the highest levels of football, go to the **** game".

I'm not sure that gets us to the highest levels of football. 

One thing he has right is that this administration is reaching out.

Other than that, it's a lot of Collin telling us about Collin.

I think the ones that care do show up.  But there are several that were driven away 4.5 years when those in power (really in power), Woolard and Genshaft, botched the Leavitt situation (purposely or in their own incompetence) and forever altered the course of the program.  And both are still there, Woolard unbelievably.

Now it's up to someone else to build it.  Hopefully Collin's pleas, as well as those from many other sources, helps them do that.  The program itself had the greatest opportunity yet this season and that was to beat a pretty lousy Maryland team.  Didn't do it.

Taggart seems like a great guy, but he may not a program builder on the level of Leavitt.  Paul Griffin found the guy.  Harlan may end up having to as well. 

If Leavitt was such a program builder then he would have landed somewhere by now to build programs. The departure of CJL had little to do with the fall of our program. Some of it is just the natural swings of college football. I think a big part of it was USF Athletics tried to grow much faster than they could sustain - drastically raised season ticket contributions levels, put posters up about big 4, etc. You see it happen with a lot of small to mid-size businesses who aren't in anyway prepared for the new pond the find themselves in.

USF Athletics will be fine. Like every other school and every other sport fans will attend when the event is entertaining. For the last few years USF football has not been - unless you like comedies.

You're so far off on this. You think Leavitt leaving had nothing to do with the fall of our program? It had EVERYTHING to do with it. If Holtz never comes here and Leavitt stays, in my opinion we continue at worst to be a 7-5 to 9-4 team yearly, but Leavitt was fired and as a result Holtz was hired and as a result our program went into the gutter. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I was surprised to hear that USF Athletics does not have a direct liaison to the Greeks; that is a big part of student life, if true, how is that possible...complete fail.  Not a fix all issue, but getting the Greeks out to the games will certainly help with student attendance and support at football games.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Yo  USF_ Grouper....when you say things like this it just makes you sound stupid...departure of CJL had little to do with the drop in USF football.     Really ?   I mean Really ?

Oh...one of computer Gurus......HELP !!!!  My freaken quote does not work. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

But it IS coming back, I get it not as fast as we would like. I still hold firm we will get our 6 wins this year which is a vast improvement from 2 last year. It may not be a glory season by any means but as these kids grow this team will get more and more special. 

I wonder if Seattle thinks attendance helps them win games or not. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

But it IS coming back, I get it not as fast as we would like. I still hold firm we will get our 6 wins this year which is a vast improvement from 2 last year. It may not be a glory season by any means but as these kids grow this team will get more and more special. 

I wonder if Seattle thinks attendance helps them win games or not. 

I wonder if the Cubs do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

IMO there are only two valid reasons for not showing up. First, if you're out of town. Second, you have some medical reason that you simply cannot get to the game. PERIOD!

ANYTHING else is simple BS.

If you're not in a seat, then STFU about attendance.

How about parents deciding to attend their kid's sporting events instead? Or taking their kids somewhere they'd rather go like a theme park or the beach on their weekend than going to a college football game. There are 100 good reasons. Give me a break.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO there are only two valid reasons for not showing up. First, if you're out of town. Second, you have some medical reason that you simply cannot get to the game. PERIOD!

ANYTHING else is simple BS.

If you're not in a seat, then STFU about attendance.

How about parents deciding to attend their kid's sporting events instead? Or taking their kids somewhere they'd rather go like a theme park or the beach on their weekend than going to a college football game. There are 100 good reasons. Give me a break.

I'm thinking he means if you have season tickets