• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What positives have CWT accomplished?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I know I was excited for Holtz...I thought it was an A+ hiring....and 3 years later I thought it was an A+ firing

Excellently and succinctly put.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He recruited the best class in the conference and better than many P5 teams….after looking like total crap last year.

This is a pivotal year for the turnaround….last year should have been rock bottom and this season should be our climb from the ashes...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt and a new program had us dreaming of what we could be. Taggart revives some of that. With some of the poor leadership out of the way or restrained, we can be hopeful again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt and a new program had us dreaming of what we could be. Taggart revives some of that. With some of the poor leadership out of the way or restrained, we can be hopeful again.

this is very true

nicely put

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

He recruited the best class in the conference and better than many P5 teams….after looking like total crap last year.

This is a pivotal year for the turnaround….last year should have been rock bottom and this season should be our climb from the ashes...

Preach!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I think we were snake bit after Leavitt. If we had good administrators, Lou Holtz Jr. would have never been hired.

Yes, Holtz looked good on paper. BUT. But he wasn't a program re-builder.

Our football program didn't need to be re-built. If it had, Holtz might have been the coach to do it.

The 3 years prior to his arrival at ECU:

4-8

1-11

2-9

His tenure there:

5-6

7-6

8-5

9-5

9-5

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

By all appearances, Taggart has been lot more demanding of the players than Holtz.  Which, to me, is a good thing.  I've loved many of the player departures this last year.

In my opinion, Holtz felt like he needed to be the anti-Leavitt.  He appeared to coddle the players and give them credit when it wasn't due (remember the times he'd say he loved the way we competed, or made weather-related excuses).  by the way, those coddled, unaccountable players rewarded Holtz' kindness with atrocious play.

Every time I see a player on social media complaining about Taggart, I laugh and know we are a lot better off than the holtz debacle, which included camp kum-bay-yah over in Vero Beach and the fight song singalongs. . . . . . . EVERYBODY GETS A TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!

We are on the right track with Taggart.  Love him or hate him, the players seem to respect Taggart and want his approval.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Still trying to figure this one out... I'll take a brief stab at it though...

1. I'll give him the UConn and Cinci wins in the same season. That's a start.

2. He relates to inner city kids better than Holtz did and prefers rap music. This will help with recruiting.

3. They got rid of Camp Cupcake (although Camp Cupcake allowed some of our fans from afar to see and experience the university's outreach).

Ask me after we win some ball games if I see any more positives. In my opinion, he's currently milking the university as much as Skip did (however at least Skip got us publicity through his father - even when we weren't so great). Show me some wins or show him the door. We're not playing SEC heavyweights week in and week out. If we can't play .500 football, I'd have him on a short leash.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Fair ^^^

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

A hell of an attitude and a great recruiting class.

Because of Taggart, AFTER a 2-10 season, I believe in this team more than Holtz after any of his last two seasons. And I don't even play for the guy.