• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What positives have CWT accomplished?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Suggesting Skip accomplished more than Leavitt, is a bit silly. How many 10 win seasons has Skip been the head coach of?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The same number as Leavitt and CWT combined.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

How many conference championships did Leavitt win?

This is a simple game, and a silly one.

Leavitt is and always will be a god to this program for creating adam and eve. But he never got us to the next level

We all thought Holtz was the new messiah but he turned out to be the devil in disguise.

Comparing them is ridiculous

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Give him time, the program was a mess and he has to rebuild it.   At least we have a new AD.  They got rid of some of the dead wood in the Athletic department. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Give him time, the program was a mess and he has to rebuild it.   At least we have a new AD.  They got rid of some of the dead wood in the Athletic department. 

I'd dare to say they got rid of ALL the dead wood.

This was a major overhaul from AD down.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think we were snake bit after Leavitt. If we had good administrators, Lou Holtz Jr. would have never been hired.

Yes, Holtz looked good on paper. BUT. But he wasn't a program re-builder.

Our football program didn't need to be re-built. If it had, Holtz might have been the coach to do it.

The 3 years prior to his arrival at ECU:

4-8

1-11

2-9

His tenure there:

5-6

7-6

8-5

9-5

9-5

You bring up good point...maybe Jims players were not use to a Holtz like coach and took advantage...still doesn't explain though team got worse longer Holtz was there.

Either way I believe Cwt will turn things around if we win 2 or less games he needs to be fired.

I think the general consensus on that is to blame it on Woolard.

Can't blame Woolard for the hire most people thought it was a great hire. But Woolard was a idiot to give an extension so fast after first season.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So far nothing.

With that said I am hopeful.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

As hard as it may be for some, we have to give CWT time to rebuild this program, as he imagines it.  He was successful in achieving this goal at WK, hopefully he can do the same on a great scale here.  His recruiting class has us ranked, for what that is worth, with some of the bigger programs and the best in our conference.  All of the administrative and staff changes slow the process down.  Here is to a winning season  :guinness:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

No one in their right mind would replace Captain Ahab with Mr. Rogers.

This is why we are where we are today with the football program --struggling to get back.

Even when Mr Rogers had accomplished more in college football than Captain Ahab?? ......... 20/20 hindsight is great, ain't it?

Mr. Rogers did?  In what, C-USA? And who did he beat?

Got to 1AA playoffs and won conference championships in 1A .... and as far as who he beat, the ooc list includes Virginia, NC State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Boise State. Again, I'm not defending what happened here in his last couple years, just that the hire made sense at the time to someone in their right mind.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

You don't start off a thread trying to find something good about a new coach who only won 2 games and lost to FCS opponents by bashing a coach with multiple conference championships, and beat Notre Dame, Miami, Rutgers, UL (away) and Clemson while at USF. Truth is, those what, half dozen or more games lost in the last quarter or even last play while he was coach, if they were wins, CSH would still be at USF. Some of the best offense I've ever seen at USF happened while he was coach. But also some of the dumbest brain farts when it comes to time management.

Edited by slick1ru2