• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alabama desperate for 12th game in 2015, will 'take anybody'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If they were desperate enough to give us a return game, I'd go for it.  Otherwise, nope

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If they were desperate enough to give us a return game, I'd go for it.  Otherwise, nope

This.

Call it a 2-for-1 and include the previous game.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

Do it.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'd think his number 1 goal is to get out of this hole, get back over .500, and get to a bowl game again. Bama doesn't help that near-term goal. It's publicity, but can anyone really say it would be good publicity after last season? Now, if we could get the home game, I'd change my tune a little. I'd take a blowout away to get a big game in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Harlan responded back on twitter saying he felt Maryland and FSU on the road was tough enough already and that we needed to be realistic.

He did however say that there will be news soon

I will say one thing about our new AD, if you ask him a question on twitter, he WILL answer you.

that's actually pretty sweet

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My personal thoughts on the subject - you don't back down from a fight. This would be year three under Taggart's tenure. IMO, a game against Alabama will really highlight if Coach Taggart has what it takes to deliver us to the next level. Yes, we have FSU and Maryland on our schedule already. We also have multiple cream puffs on our schedule from our own conference (currently, we're the cream puff in many coach's eyes). After witnessing the play calling last year (regardless of our talent level), my opinion is very skeptical at best (this is at least one sport I understand clearly). I appreciate whomever asked Harlan that question - I am kinda bothered by his response though. If you polled the 105 players that wear USF jerseys right now, I know what their overwhelming response would be. In 2000, when we knew we had Alabama on our schedule for 2004, the overall thought process was "shock the world" to each of the freshman that were on scout team with me (the Derrick Sarosi's and Alex Herron's of the world). We talked about that game regularly in practice looking forward to playing them in 2004. It was a true motivator for us in practice trying to get better going against the Anthony Henry's and Kawika Mitchell's that made every practice painful (but our efforts also made those guys better because we left everything on the field during those practices even though there was slim chances we were playing in a game that season). It was something for us to shoot for... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Will not happen, and with good reason... we need wins. We already have tough OOC games that year. Look for a sun belt or mac type team to round out 2015 is my prediction

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Will not happen, and with good reason... we need wins. We already have tough OOC games that year. Look for a sun belt or mac type team to round out 2015 is my prediction

Maryland isn't a top 25, or even a top 50 program.  It would be funny if FAMU beats the Bulls!

You sure you're a Bulls fan?  Don't know any REAL Bulls fan that would think that would be remotely funny. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Since we are in a crappy conference and our athletic department needs the money our motto should be....We will play anybody, anytime, anywhere.  I was at the first game against Bama and yes, they ran out of water, and Legion Field was a dump but now they play all home games at Bryant Denny which is awesome.  Just finished a remodel a few years ago and seats 102k.  When Bobby Bowden first came to FSU back in 1978 that was his motto as well.  They traveled anywhere to play against big time teams and got a nice payday.  Bring on the Tide.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

If we are serious about ever reaching the "Playoffs" we need to pad our schedule with tougher games, not easier.. yea our chances of beating FSU AND BAMA in the same year is close to zero, BUT on the rare year when we CAN beat those teams, we will need that type of schedule to even be considered...

Don't fear them... play them...