• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart for football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good...I thought he was going to get broken like a twig last year

In fairness, it should have been his redshirt year. But it wasn't that kind of year...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Bresnahan has run the 3-4 every place he's been at.  Last season was the first he didn't.  Also if you look at his earlier interviews when he first got in,  on Scout, 247, and rivals... the ones from last spring... when asked would in run the 3-4 he said personnel will dictate that.  He said with four stud ends you want to maximize their ability.  But he said we would be running it in the future.  Our defensive recruiting has been for the 3-4... has nobody not noticed?  

He ran the 4-3 in Cincinnati (at least part of the time) and in Oakland (at least part of the time).  I haven't followed his career enough to know, but it seems from what I can find online that he has shown a lot of variation, which is consistent with the philosophy I mentioned (as did you):  the personnel will dictate the scheme. 

Re: recruiting, I think they are desperately recruiting any d-linemen they can get after whiffing on several over the past couple years.  We are lean and have been for some time, even for a 3-4.  I do not think that is by choice.

Raider fan here... No we did not run the 4-3 when he was with Oakland.  I'm from the bay area (not tampa though I did cross the land to go to school at usf).  We ran the 3-4 when he was our coordinator.  I mean you literally just made that up.  I would be silent but you're spreading that as gospel.  I don't know about the Bengals so I'll give you that.  But the entire time he was with the Raiders, which was very short, we ran the 3-4.  We ran it in the Super Bowl when the Bucs whipped us.  But yeah... that part of your statement is BS so I'll take the rest with a grain of salt.

The Raiders were 4-3 under Bresnahan in 2011. I don't know about 2000 to 2003. But in 2011, on a snap-for-snap basis, Richard Seymour played right defensive tackle and Tommy Kelly played left defensive tackle. Lamarr Houston played left defensive end and initially Matt Shaughnessy played right defensive end but then gave way after a few games to Desmond Bryant, who moved from a sub player at right defensive tackle to a full time player at right defensive end. Kamerion Wimbley played as a blitzing strong-side linebacker. The percentages for all of these were greater than the percentages in which the Raiders defense was in a 30 front. Defensive line versus linebacker snap totals for the season were entirely consistent with a 4-3 defense (4110 defensive line snaps, 2972 linebacker snaps).

I'm not trying to pick any fights but in this argument you do seem to be very much a stickler for details and if you're going to be a stickler for details then you are open for others to correct your own incorrect details.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ZING!

LOL

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@TBTimes_Bulls: Taggart said he feels like RBs Marlon Mack and D'Ernest Johnson "are gonna have to play for us this year."

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

@TBTimes_Bulls: Taggart said he feels like RBs Marlon Mack and D'Ernest Johnson "are gonna have to play for us this year."

Now that does not make me happy, tells me we don't have enought talent with these three.

Sta'fon McCray

Darius Tice

Kyle Peck

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Or he promised them early playing time and is keeping his word. Who knows.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@ByJeffOdom: Taggart says he's looking for freshmen D'Earnest Johnson and Ryeshene Bronson to step up and help the offense this year ..

@ByJeffOdom: Taggart on incoming freshman: "We're going to have some depth now and it's going to help us be very competitive."

Sounds just like last year. The best players will play, bottom line.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Now that does not make me happy, tells me we don't have enought talent with these three.

Sta'fon McCray

Darius Tice

Kyle Peck

If Kyle Peck is the answer, we're asking the wrong questions.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Say, when are they adding the freshmen to the roster?

Last year, as I recall, they did it pretty early.

This year, only the early guys are on the roster.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=5&Q_SEASON=2014&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Id hope to see big James Hamilton and Deadrin Sennat pushing for a spot at DT this year.

We run the 3-4 now there are no DTs... A nose tackle.. aka NG... but no DT.  We'll probably not see the 4-3 again while Taggart is our coach.  He doesn't normally run it.  He ran it last season because of personnel, but it's not what he does.  

Semantics. A NT is technically a DT.

Id hope to see big James Hamilton and Deadrin Sennat pushing for a spot at DT this year.

We run the 3-4 now there are no DTs... A nose tackle.. aka NG... but no DT.  We'll probably not see the 4-3 again while Taggart is our coach.  He doesn't normally run it.  He ran it last season because of personnel, but it's not what he does.  

Taggart isn't really a defensive guy, though.  Coaching staff is on record as saying the reason they switched to 3-4 this year was because that is what they had the personnel for, and that decision will be a flexible one made based on what scheme they have the personnel for.  (Quite a contrast from the offensive strategy...)

Bresnahan has run the 3-4 every place he's been at.  Last season was the first he didn't.  Also if you look at his earlier interviews when he first got in,  on Scout, 247, and rivals... the ones from last spring... when asked would in run the 3-4 he said personnel will dictate that.  He said with four stud ends you want to maximize their ability.  But he said we would be running it in the future.  Our defensive recruiting has been for the 3-4... has nobody not noticed?  

The famed Bullspen Triple negative. You will only see it here folks.

back_to_school_3.jpg

Just messing with you Monte.