• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart for football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That's what I was saying originally. Hamilton and Senat are bigger bodies more suited to this scheme but still on the light side if their weights on gousfbulls.com are correct.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, I thought I heard some good things after he moved back from the OL.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Are the LBs recruited prior to Taggart not cutting it enough that people are putting redshirts and freshmen ahead of most of them?

Yup... I think Vincent Jackson will see significant playing time as a true freshman at the Buck LB position.  I'm willing to bet he opens up behind Cliett at #2 on the depth chart there.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

That's what I was saying originally. Hamilton and Senat are bigger bodies more suited to this scheme but still on the light side if their weights on gousfbulls.com are correct.

You think 311 and 318 are on the light side?  Here were there weights as of spring   http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2014&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You think 311 and 318 are on the light side? Here were there weights as of spring http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2014&PRINTABLE_PAGE=
Yes. I'd feel better about 330. If you're going to eat space, eat a lot of it.

Look at our OL. I'm betting Thor and Brynjar can move those guys consistently.

Edited by Bullphin

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

Winners, fighters, people with bull pride

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You're grasping at straws. I honestly don't think you knew we were running the 3-4 this year to be honest. You likely thought the 3-4 was a training fad for camp which is understandable... but it wasn't and that is not what that statement was referring to. It's easy to tell. I mean nobody refers to the NT as the DT... he could see time in the DT rotation... whatever... I call BS. I just corrected a wrong with someone who doesn't want to admit that they dks.

Umm... you do realize that I wasn't a part of the whole DT vs. NT thing originally, right? I was just commenting on your rant to the other couple guys involved that there was some magical distinction between the two.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Raider fan here... No we did not run the 4-3 when he was with Oakland. I'm from the bay area (not tampa though I did cross the land to go to school at usf). We ran the 3-4 when he was our coordinator. I mean you literally just made that up. I would be silent but you're spreading that as gospel. I don't know about the Bengals so I'll give you that. But the entire time he was with the Raiders, which was very short, we ran the 3-4. We ran it in the Super Bowl when the Bucs whipped us. But yeah... that part of your statement is BS so I'll take the rest with a grain of salt.

In his most recent stint with the Raiders (2011) he ran a 4-3 defense:

"The Raiders have been a 4-3 defense since 2003." (http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1043079-oakland-raiders-defensive-problems-may-not-be-fixed-by-3-4)

That article was written in early 2012. He DID, however, run a 3-4 I'm his first stint with the them. Hence my statement that he ran a 4-3 at least part of his time in Oakland.

Preach us more of your football gospel, bro.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Hey Monte....what are you hearing about Bruce Hector? Thought I heard some good things about him in the spring. Didn't see him on your depth chart.