• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Think Bench will win the starting job. He has 1 more year of college coaching, a full year in the system and is healthy. He played ok last year considering what he had to work with and the offense not being simplified until White came in against Houston. Bench also played considerably better in the spring game. He actually reminds me of Manziel with his body type and mannerisms on the field. Something about Bench seems to carry over well into the huddle. Guy just has it imo.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Bench and White did not play nearly consistent enough, or just plain good enough, to count Flowers out.

LOL if you think we saw enough of Bench last year to draw that conclusion, especially with a disaster of an offense around him.

Not sure what games you watched last year, but both of our QB's looked pretty mediocre. You're right, the entire offense was horrible, but you're just wrong if you don't think this is an open race going into camp.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Can't deny Bench had an awesome game but he also had more to prove.  Bench had the game planning of the QB coach and recievers coach on his staff as well as the two biggest targets in Davis and Mcfarland and to top it off he had had the best combo of O-line (He looked comfortable).  Can't win the job on one spring game though so I put them even going into spring on what little I've seen.

Edited by usfbullrider

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I think it will be Bench or White. Flowers will only play this year if Bench and White are ineffective and lead stale offenses.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Mike White will probably be the best quarterback to ever play at USF. - 10/31/13

Possibly, but he has a very long way to go.  I'm not so sure he even starts this season.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bench and White did not play nearly consistent enough, or just plain good enough, to count Flowers out.

LOL if you think we saw enough of Bench last year to draw that conclusion, especially with a disaster of an offense around him.

Not sure what games you watched last year, but both of our QB's looked pretty mediocre. You're right, the entire offense was horrible, but you're just wrong if you don't think this is an open race going into camp.

Based on how bad the offense looked with three QBs that were learning it from January, I have a hard time believing that Flowers will be able to learn it in a couple of months.  This is a guy that has lots of talent but is far from polished as a QB.  To think that talent alone will somehow allow to him to pass two guys with over a year in this system is asking an awful lot of an 18 year old.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I would not be surprised if bench is the starter this season...he will be a junior plus his running ability makes offense more dangerous.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Bench had the top receivers during the Spring Game.  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430

For now until he totally screws up or gets injured start Bench and use a redshirt on both White and Flowers.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

I think it will be bench.