• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF hires Orlando Antigua to coach mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

500k to 750k Sheriff. If we paid a penny more than 750k we got got.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Love this hire. Finally we hire someone who has been plowing the road rather than someone(CSH & CSH) with mostly name recognition.

COA- WELCOME TO THE BULLS!!!!

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if Cal would put in a good word to Antigua to keep Rocc since he was an assistant at Memphis from 00-03?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I am SAD.

I hope that OA proves me wrong and recruits and wins many NCAA tournament games.

Go Bulls

Ty

Things for new coach to do

Keep Coach Rocc

Hire an offensive x and o guru

Hire a defensive genius

Get the freshmen to stay

Get Holston in

Find another shooter

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754

Does anyone think the search firm failed miserably? Let's discount the hire for instance. Was there any secrecy whatsoever in the search? The financial figures were disclosed multiple times to the public. The potential candidates were always out in the media for everyone to scrutinize. Just kinda disappointed on the lack of confidentiality. Maybe my poor feelings to the search firm have boiled over and relate to the hire. Who knows - Antigua could be the greatest thing since sliced bread and I'm being abnormally harsh. However my instincts typically don't deceive me. Guess we'll find out. On board as always - doesn't mean I have to like it. Would have rather had Mussleman. I do prefer Antigua over the UNLV coach. I read nothing positive about him.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

This guy has been a head coach for his national team too... So he knows what it is like to be a head coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

Does anyone think the search firm failed miserably? Let's discount the hire for instance. Was there any secrecy whatsoever in the search? The financial figures were disclosed multiple times to the public. The potential candidates were always out in the media for everyone to scrutinize. Just kinda disappointed on the lack of confidentiality. Maybe my poor feelings to the search firm have boiled over and relate to the hire. Who knows - Antigua could be the greatest thing since sliced bread and I'm being abnormally harsh. However my instincts typically don't deceive me. Guess we'll find out. On board as always - doesn't mean I have to like it. Would have rather had Mussleman. I do prefer Antigua over the UNLV coach. I read nothing positive about him.  

What did those instincts say about Seth?

Antigua is not a bad hire. But after Masiello and with Howland and Musselman floating around, it is not a great hire.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754

Tampatony... He's coached seven national team games. Definitely qualified  :facepalm: