• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF hires Orlando Antigua to coach mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Completely unproven coaching ability and if they're going to tout his recruiting . . . give me a break . . . apples and oranges. Kids went to Memphis and now Kentucky because Calipari promised them one year and off to the NBA. We can't sell the same thing, so I'm not giving Antigua any credit for the recruiting at those stops. He may prove me completely wrong (and I sure hope he does) but I completely disagree with this hire. Calipari is everything that's wrong with collegiate sports and this guy has hitched his wagon there. Sitting in the second chair to that dirtbag doesn't mean anything to me. I'll go on record right now and say that I hate this choice. All the so-called "big name" interest we were told there was in this job and end up with a career coat-tail rider of the guy that has made a mockery of college basketball by creating a D-League NBA feeder team in the NCAA's midst.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

This is a mistake in my mind and we will all be in this position in 4 years.  I also assume that Musselman will be taking the CAL job and he turned down USF.  But we will never know for sure.

lmao... and can you also tell me Wednesday's lotto numbers too?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

Completely unproven coaching ability and if they're going to tout his recruiting . . . give me a break . . . apples and oranges. Kids went to Memphis and now Kentucky because Calipari promised them one year and off to the NBA. We can't sell the same thing, so I'm not giving Antigua any credit for the recruiting at those stops. He may prove me completely wrong (and I sure hope he does) but I completely disagree with this hire. Calipari is everything that's wrong with collegiate sports and this guy has hitched his wagon there. Sitting in the second chair to that dirtbag doesn't mean anything to me. I'll go on record right now and say that I hate this choice. All the so-called "big name" interest we were told there was in this job and end up with a career coat-tail rider of the guy that has made a mockery of college basketball by creating a D-League NBA feeder team in the NCAA's midst.

the NBA did that, not Cal

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On the AAC board, USF is getting laughed at. Why does this not surprise me.

Coaching search was a debacle from the beginning to the end!

Who cares if people from Memphis & East Carolina are laughing?  I'm more interested in seeing what this guy can bring to USF.  At least as a former player, and I guy used to winning, he should bring some positives.

Look at his bio in Wiki...this guy have overcome a lot, and I'm getting behind him and supporting the new hire.  Everyone can laugh all they want...and hopefully get silenced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Antigua

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

the NBA did that, not Cal

Not sure I'd be upset with making USF a feeder team to the NBA.(kidding...but it would be nice to get some guys in the NBA).

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298

On the AAC board, USF is getting laughed at. Why does this not surprise me.

Coaching search was a debacle from the beginning to the end!

Who cares if people from Memphis & East Carolina are laughing?  I'm more interested in seeing what this guy can bring to USF.  At least as a former player, and I guy used to winning, he should bring some positives.

Look at his bio in Wiki...this guy have overcome a lot, and I'm getting behind him and supporting the new hire.  Everyone can laugh all they want...and hopefully get silenced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Antigua

He only coached at Memphis for several years...what would we know?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

If Musselman turned us down this was the next best option. Let's give him a chance before we say he is a terrible choice.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If he's our coach, I agree, lets support the guy.  Excited, far from it, but I really do not follow basketball either.  Best of luck to him, and I hope he can make it happen here.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I'm SHOCKED that there are people who don't like this hire. SHOCKED, I say!

Funny, I could give precisely two ***** what other teams in the American think. I'm more interested in seeing how this team is doing a year from now. Hard to do much worse than what we've been doing.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

I like this hire. Sucks first candidate lacked needed qualification.