• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I feel the answer, if he going to be hired, is in this article

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/pelphrey-masiello-emerge-in-usf-search-20140322/

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There was another disciple of Pitino from the Northeast who had a brief head coaching gig at a school up north.  He posted a 35-20 record at that school.  He then came south to be the head coach of program about 2 hours up I-75 from USF.  If Masiello has half the success of Billy D, this hire is a home run.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don't like this "potential" hire AT ALL! Just my opinion so don't go all hatey on me.

Who would you like at this juncture? Just curious.

I would prefer Mike White at La Tech. We've passed on the movers and shakers due to the process, so why not wait at this point until the NIT and NCAA are completed. I didn't get any indications from IB's I know that Masiello may be the guy. All I heard was Buzz Williams and nothing about Pearl and the desire to go big on this hire. Masiello isn't a go big choice but neither is Mike White. I just really like the dribble penetration and motion offense of La Tech and their solid defense. He's been able to do pretty well without the benefit of athletes that Masiello had access to in NY, he had to really dig, find them, and coach them up.

Michael White is the better hire and it comes down to recruiting.. The fact that USF believes they can hire a guy with little to no experience of recruiting the South is just laughable and very risky when the young gem in White is out there with all his experience being in the South where USF needs to concentrate on. You have a guy who was born in the state of Florida, just as young, plays the same exciting style, but with ties to the area and USF just skips on by him. Don't punish White because his team is still playing. He should be interviewed just like Masiello was and I think the choice would become clear, even for a struggling bunch of decision makers like at USF.

Recruiting our area is huge for the next coach since he won't be recruiting with a high profile name.

Why do we have to recruit in the south?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

There was another disciple of Pitino from the Northeast who had a brief head coaching gig at a school up north. He posted a 35-20 record at that school. He then came south to be the head coach of program about 2 hours up I-75 from USF. If Masiello has half the success of Billy D, this hire is a home run.

My thoughts also.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Massielo would probably move on from here but I would take 4 years and 86 victories

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I don't like this "potential" hire AT ALL! Just my opinion so don't go all hatey on me.

Who would you like at this juncture? Just curious.

I would prefer Mike White at La Tech. We've passed on the movers and shakers due to the process, so why not wait at this point until the NIT and NCAA are completed. I didn't get any indications from IB's I know that Masiello may be the guy. All I heard was Buzz Williams and nothing about Pearl and the desire to go big on this hire. Masiello isn't a go big choice but neither is Mike White. I just really like the dribble penetration and motion offense of La Tech and their solid defense. He's been able to do pretty well without the benefit of athletes that Masiello had access to in NY, he had to really dig, find them, and coach them up.

Michael White is the better hire and it comes down to recruiting.. The fact that USF believes they can hire a guy with little to no experience of recruiting the South is just laughable and very risky when the young gem in White is out there with all his experience being in the South where USF needs to concentrate on. You have a guy who was born in the state of Florida, just as young, plays the same exciting style, but with ties to the area and USF just skips on by him. Don't punish White because his team is still playing. He should be interviewed just like Masiello was and I think the choice would become clear, even for a struggling bunch of decision makers like at USF.

Recruiting our area is huge for the next coach since he won't be recruiting with a high profile name.

Why do we have to recruit in the south?

there are more d1 prospects within 40 miles of NYC then there is in the entire state of Florida

regardless, a successful team with a functioning offense will open up southern recruiting options in ways that simply haven't existed.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Pretty sad to read what a lot of other school's fans think about USF. I was reading some of the UL fan comments about Massielo coming here. A lot of them think this job is below him. Most look at us as a joke.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is the type of guy we need to hire

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

I don't like this "potential" hire AT ALL!  Just my opinion so don't go all hatey on me.

Who would you like at this juncture?  Just curious.

I would prefer Mike White at La Tech.  We've passed on the movers and shakers due to the process, so why not wait at this point until the NIT and NCAA are completed.  I didn't get any indications from IB's I know that Masiello may be the guy.  All I heard was Buzz Williams and nothing about Pearl and the desire to go big on this hire.  Masiello isn't a go big choice but neither is Mike White.  I just really like the dribble penetration and motion offense of La Tech and their solid defense.  He's been able to do pretty well without the benefit of athletes that Masiello had access to in NY, he had to really dig, find them, and coach them up.  

He may have been born in Florida. But it appears he moved out of state while he was a toddler. I have no problem recruiting the northeast. Only 3 players on last years team were even from Florida.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Pretty sad to read what a lot of other school's fans think about USF. I was reading some of the UL fan comments about Massielo coming here. A lot of them think this job is below him. Most look at us as a joke.

Stuck up UL and UK fans bashing mostly.

This team dances in the next 2 years and all of the sudden USF isn't "below" anymore.

If we can't get Shaka, this is our next best option.