• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

plot thickens

Coaching Rumors @coaching_rumors

Word is Masiello met with USF officials again today.

U better not be teasing us!!!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Met?

Again?

Me likey where this is going...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

plot thickens

Coaching Rumors @coaching_rumors

Word is Masiello met with USF officials again today.

U better not be teasing us!!!!

moi?

Listen with Pitino's ringing and VERY public endorsement, methinks this is a done deal. He was prolly down today to shake hands and make sure everybody was on board.

According to the report, Masiello has drawn the support of Outback Steakhouse co-founder and Tampa resident Chris Sullivan, a close friend of Pitino who could be ready to ramp up his financial support of USF athletics.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I like this guy..would look like a pretty good hire.

Make it so.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't like this "potential" hire AT ALL!  Just my opinion so don't go all hatey on me.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This isn't a guy I knew a lot about until doing some digging after his name came up in the last couple of days but he's jumped right to the top of my list.  The attitude and energy he would bring to the program would be a big shot in the arm,  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't like this "potential" hire AT ALL!  Just my opinion so don't go all hatey on me.

Who would you like at this juncture?  Just curious.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I would prefer Mike White at La Tech.  We've passed on the movers and shakers due to the process, so why not wait at this point until the NIT and NCAA are completed.  I didn't get any indications from IB's I know that Masiello may be the guy.  All I heard was Buzz Williams and nothing about Pearl and the desire to go big on this hire.  Masiello isn't a go big choice but neither is Mike White.  I just really like the dribble penetration and motion offense of La Tech and their solid defense.  He's been able to do pretty well without the benefit of athletes that Masiello had access to in NY, he had to really dig, find them, and coach them up.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

About Chris Sullivan a couple of thing in this article(highlighted) jumped out at me. Aside from how cute Stephanie Hayes was:

• He has become involved with LRS restaurants
  • He is investing heavily in his new sports themed bar restaurants, Glory Days Grill

What better time to become a major backer of the hometown team? Can anyone say..... OUTBACK STADIUM.... with the Glory Days pavilion on the club level?

Outback co-founder Chris Sullivan donates $5M to Moffitt Cancer Center

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:26pm

b4s_Sullivan120313_12038126_8col.jpg

Chris Sullivan will have an atrium at a Moffitt facility named in his honor.

TAMPA — A key developer behind launching Outback Steakhouse has given $5 million to Moffitt Cancer Center, the hospital said Monday.

Chris Sullivan, co-founder of the iconic steak restaurant and its parent company, Bloomin' Brands, donated the money to help in the development of cutting-edge melanoma therapies, according to Moffitt officials.

The money will support Moffitt's Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center of Excellence, established in 2008, where researchers are sequencing the human genome to create personalized skin cancer treatments.

"We've been working with Mr. Sullivan for quite a long time," said Moffitt spokeswoman Suzanne Grant. "He's been a longtime friend of Moffitt Cancer Center, which we appreciate. This $5 million donation is really important to us. It's a very generous gift. We have a very unique melanoma research program, and this will really help further our research."

Moffitt hosted a private reception Nov. 19 to celebrate the donation. At the party, officials announced that the atrium of Moffitt's new McKinley campus outpatient facility will be called the Chris Sullivan Family Atrium.

Sullivan is now a partner at MVP Holdings, the company behind the Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant chain, as well as PDQ and Carmel Cafe & Wine Bar. A spokeswoman for the company said Sullivan was traveling Monday and couldn't be reached for comment.

Sullivan, a Florida native, recently announced plans with partners to open the first Glory Days Grill in Tampa, a sports-themed family restaurant with 20 locations north of Florida.

He has been involved with charity work in the past, including an effort to raise funds for the United Flight 93 memorial in Pennsylvania. In 2005, Sullivan and his family gave $2.5 million to the Pepin Heart Hospital and Dr. Kiran C. Patel Research Institute at University Community Hospital. And Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am golf tournaments have raised money for All Children's Hospital, the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, as well as spinal muscular atrophy and Friedreich's ataxia research.

In 2010, Sullivan's daughter was undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkin lymphoma, inspiring a group of 20 businessmen to shave their heads to raise funds for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.

Moffitt officials declined to disclose Sullivan's past donations to the center.

Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for people 25 to 29 years old, and is the deadliest form of skin cancer. Moffitt's research with DNA sequencing on melanoma tumors has led to multiple clinical trials with positive results for patients. It is one of only three centers in the United States to do this kind of work, Moffitt officials said.

"The hope is that we'll be able to use this donation to further that research right here in Tampa Bay and address the need for our community, as well as the world," Grant said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/medicine/outback-co-founder-chris-sullivan-donates-5m-to-moffitt/2155190

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I would prefer Mike White at La Tech.  We've passed on the movers and shakers due to the process, so why not wait at this point until the NIT and NCAA are completed.  I didn't get any indications from IB's I know that Masiello may be the guy.  All I heard was Buzz Williams and nothing about Pearl and the desire to go big on this hire.  Masiello isn't a go big choice but neither is Mike White.  I just really like the dribble penetration and motion offense of La Tech and their solid defense.  He's been able to do pretty well without the benefit of athletes that Masiello had access to in NY, he had to really dig, find them, and coach them up.  

Michael White is the better hire and it comes down to recruiting.. The fact that USF believes they can hire a guy with little to no experience of recruiting the South is just laughable and very risky when the young gem in White is out there with all his experience being in the South where USF needs to concentrate on. You have a guy who was born in the state of Florida, just as young, plays the same exciting style, but with ties to the area and USF just skips on by him. Don't punish White because his team is still playing. He should be interviewed just like Masiello was and I think the choice would become clear, even for a struggling bunch of decision makers like at USF.

Recruiting our area is huge for the next coach since he won't be recruiting with a high profile name.

Edited by Vega