• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

I hope he's supporting USF more than making a call on behalf of his friend.

I believe that he is. He already has donated tons of money towards USF. So, I am sure he wants to see USF win as well. He played a part in helping USF get into the BIG EAST along with Judy and LRS. And he is a UK guy, so I think it is great to see Sullivan support the local university in a major way. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I like this guy.

agree he is on the way up and will bolt if he is successful

but getting stranded by a talented guy that laid out a foundation for success is better (and cheaper) than having a bunch of former coaches on the payroll and a broken, moribund program that can't compete

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I believe that he is. He already has donated tons of money towards USF. So, I am sure he wants to see USF win as well. He played a part in helping USF get into the BIG EAST along with Judy and LRS. And he is a UK guy, so I think it is great to see Sullivan support the local university in a major way. 

Make no mistake he's making a call for a friend

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

I like this guy.

but getting stranded by a talented guy that laid out a foundation for success is better (and cheaper) than having a bunch of former coaches on the payroll and a broken, moribund program that can't compete

WELL SAID!!! This guy is young and very hungry to get to that level of getting the big contract. Like you said, he may be gone to a bigger hoops school if he wins big at USF.  As a USF fan, I will enjoy that ride. It will be up to Harlan to find a replacement that can carry the success that the departing coach has brought to USF. SO you, I agree!!! 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I like this guy.

Might pull a Richard Pitino and be 1 and done

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Make no mistake he's making a call for a friend

If the call for a friend comes with a few more big checks, I see nothing wrong with that.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Pretty sad to read what a lot of other school's fans think about USF. I was reading some of the UL fan comments about Massielo coming here. A lot of them think this job is below him. Most look at us as a joke.

The job is beneath him, it's a real charlie-foxtrot right now.

Hopefully after 4-5 years of work, whoever we choose is able to elevate the job to first-rank status, and we can afford to keep him when others try to lure him away.

But that's not been our history.  Yet.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Hopefully we got better at writing contracts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

I like him if he's the guy. Is he a proven winner? Sure, at some level. But he's a Pitino assistant, and you just have to look at Pitino's coaching tree to know that this guy is very likely to be a success. here's a list of some of his more notable proteges.

1. Billy Donovan. Need I say more? 
2. Mick Cronin-a consistent conference title contender and quality coach at Cincy. 
3. Andy Enfield-From Dunk City to Los Angeles. 
4. John Pelfrey-another quality assistant coach who maybe just wasn't cut out for being a head coach.

Pitino is one of the best coaches to ever lead a college basketball team. If Masiello is even half the coach Pitino is he will do very well here.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'm just glad Sullivan is showing an interest in usf athletics. In my opinion, our problems are department-wide and greater than on field performance.

since halftime of the 2009 Louisville football game, usf athletics gas been rotting from the top down