• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,384
  • Days Won:  43

I like this guy.

agree he is on the way up and will bolt if he is successful

but getting stranded by a talented guy that laid out a foundation for success is better (and cheaper) than having a bunch of former coaches on the payroll and a broken, moribund program that can't compete

Might pull a Richard Pitino and be 1 and done

Now that is where our new AD will have show his worth if that time comes. Do I expect USF to be able to hold on to the coach if the BIG TEN comes? No! But I would hope that the new AD will bring in a coach that will continue that success. Once you have it, dont lose it.  I remember when Gonzago kept losing coaches to bigger schools left and right after they made that tourny run. I believe Mark Few was their third hire in as many years. Somehow, they were able to make Few stick at Gonzaga and the whole nation knows who Gonzaga is. It was not always like that for Gonzaga. Man, I would love to see that happen at USF one day. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

I like him if he's the guy. Is he a proven winner? Sure, at some level. But he's a Pitino assistant, and you just have to look at Pitino's coaching tree to know that this guy is very likely to be a success. here's a list of some of his more notable proteges.

1. Billy Donovan. Need I say more? 

2. Mick Cronin-a consistent conference title contender and quality coach at Cincy. 

3. Andy Enfield-From Dunk City to Los Angeles. 

4. John Pelfrey-another quality assistant coach who maybe just wasn't cut out for being a head coach.

Pitino is one of the best coaches to ever lead a college basketball team. If Masiello is even half the coach Pitino is he will do very well here.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I like this guy.

but getting stranded by a talented guy that laid out a foundation for success is better (and cheaper) than having a bunch of former coaches on the payroll and a broken, moribund program that can't compete

cut the bs

your boy white would do the same when ole miss opens next year. Read his bio, he (and his wife) love ole miss.

I'm just glad Sullivan is showing an interest in usf athletics. In my opinion, our problems are department-wide and greater than on field performance.

since halftime of the 2009 Louisville football game, usf athletics gas been rotting from the top down

THIS!!! I believe Sullivan backed off support lately for USF athletics (just speculating as I have no idea how much he puts into USF athletics). He has always been putting in millions to the USF colleges and USF Health even though we were going through bad times. I have no information on this but I find it interesting that he is making his name heard once again for USF athletics. Maybe he didnt agree with the previous USF admin? Maybe he likes the changes USF has made with going with a new AD?? All this is just speculation on my part. But I have to wonder.  New AD Harlan has a great track record for fundraising. And I believe Woolard's fundraising may have been declining. So, Judy had to make a move. The major job of the AD is to bring in more money to athletics. Money talks. And to bring in that extra money, it takes hiring the right coaches that can win. 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I like this guy.

cut the bs

your boy white would do the same when ole miss opens next year. Read his bio, he (and his wife) love ole miss.

Ole Piss is the same is as USF, that's why it was considered a lateral move for Kennedy if he came here. The difference is Ole Miss doesn't have the same potential.

I'm just glad Sullivan is showing an interest in usf athletics. In my opinion, our problems are department-wide and greater than on field performance.

since halftime of the 2009 Louisville football game, usf athletics gas been rotting from the top down

THIS!!! I believe Sullivan backed off support lately for USF athletics (just speculating as I have no idea how much he puts into USF athletics). He has always been putting in millions to the USF colleges and USF Health even though we were going through bad times. I have no information on this but I find it interesting that he is making his name heard once again for USF athletics. Maybe he didnt agree with the previous USF admin? Maybe he likes the changes USF has made with going with a new AD?? All this is just speculation on my part. But I have to wonder.  New AD Harlan has a great track record for fundraising. And I believe Woolard's fundraising may have been declining. So, Judy had to make a move. The major job of the AD is to bring in more money to athletics. Money talks. And to bring in that extra money, it takes hiring the right coaches that can win. 

You always say the boosters brought down Leavitt....was he on one side or the other?

You always say the boosters brought down Leavitt....was he on one side or the other?

I have no idea on who was on which side. I believe the boosters opinions varrIed. But there were some boosters that were outspoken about getting rid of Leavitt because of his late season collapse. The slapping incident and cover up were just want USF needed to get rid of him without owing him all that money. Which is why they eventually settled and both moved on. But I can speculate that maybe Sullivan was on Leavitt's side, Maybe he stopped supporting Woolard after that. I really dont know, I am just guessing about that.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

I'm hearing Masiello is going to be the next basketball coach at USF. Nothing official from the school but there is something on Joey knight twitter page about it.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls

I'm hearing Masiello is going to be the next basketball coach at USF. Nothing official from the school but there is something on Joey knight twitter page about it.

I am going to celebrate!!!! I like this hire!!! USF will more than likely have the two youngest coaching combos  for our revenue sports!!

Maielllo at 36 years old

Taggart at 37 years old

Young Bulls!!!!  

It's all over the place.  I'm thinking of tweeting it too.