• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Fan base got spoiled by Leavitt. Expectations high, granted it's not too much to ask to go .500

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fan base got spoiled by Leavitt. Expectations high, granted it's not too much to ask to go .500

Not in this conference and with games against 1aa and a poor school in Fla.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Give him 4 years..... Taggart strikes me as the type that will find a way to overcome adversity and I think he should get a fair shot to make this team successful.

Look at Mizzou last year and now this year. Big improvements are possible.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Idiotic topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Idiotic topic

Was started at 10:40, Saturday night .... Lots of idiotic topics pop up in the heat of the moment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Idiotic topic

I couldn't agree more. That being said I am happy that people are still committed to getting things turned around.

I would and have argued that the turn around has begun. Our anger should be directed at the previous regime IMO.

These things take time.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Rome wasn't built overnight - and Taggart isn't Nick Saban. However, he can recruit and has a good demeanor about himself. Give him some time. He's dealing with a different caliber of athlete than what he worked with at Stanford. Those players are the epitome of the word student-athlete. Willie has the athlete part in the players at USF - it's just figuring out whether they are true students of the game and can run a system that has proven to work when players buy in to it. Even though we are downright awful this season, this team is still better than the team that played when BJ Daniels got hurt and was done for the season. Time is on Willie's side. And if not, Calvin McGee is still out there licking his chops with a goal of coming back to Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

While I was disturbed by the level of intensity I saw against Memphis, particularly coming off one of our best efforts in Houston (seems like that game was eons ago), I still have faith that Coach T will turn this thing in the future.  He is not going anywhere any time soon, that is for certain.  However, it's crucial that we get the upswing started before 2016 when the rainy day fund we have stashed away begins to run out.  I am doing whatever I can to drum up more support and keep working, hoping and praying that donor and ticket sales levels don't fall further this year.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If donor levels and ticket sales don't fall off this year, USF has the greatest marketing department on Earth.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What disturbed me was the attitude of CWT during the second half.  He preaches having confidence, keep working until the final whistle, etc.  He talks about being frustrated about players giving up on the game.

Then we see him rolling his eyes and walking around the sidelines with his head down.  We see him defending his terrible playcall and blame the player rather than take responsibility.

He's talking the talk, but he didn't walk the walk on Saturday.