• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

What disturbed me was the attitude of CWT during the second half.  He preaches having confidence, keep working until the final whistle, etc.  He talks about being frustrated about players giving up on the game.

Then we see him rolling his eyes and walking around the sidelines with his head down.

Was he wearing headphones?

We see him defending his terrible playcall and blame the player rather than take responsibility.

Link?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What disturbed me was the attitude of CWT during the second half.  He preaches having confidence, keep working until the final whistle, etc.  He talks about being frustrated about players giving up on the game.

Then we see him rolling his eyes and walking around the sidelines with his head down.

Huh?

We see him defending his terrible playcall and blame the player rather than take responsibility.

Link?

More on that play, Taggart said no regrets ... "That's the play I wanted and if he holds on to the ball, he's in the end zone."

Sounds like passing the buck to me.

Incidentally, I don't know whether he would have made it to the end zone if he held on to the ball, but Lawrence didn't make it anywhere near the end zone without the ball.

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Coach T went a few notches down in my book on Saturday. And hope he stops the "get on the bus" bull **** in the future.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

More on that play, Taggart said no regrets ... "That's the play I wanted and if he holds on to the ball, he's in the end zone."

Incidentally, I don't know whether he would have made it to the end zone if he held on to the ball, but Lawrence didn't make it anywhere near the end zone without the ball.

I really don't see how you have a problem with this.  Not EVERYTHING that goes wrong automatically falls back onto the coaches unless you have a pretty drastically warped mind.  What part of Taggart's quote there is factually incorrect?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Idiotic topic

Was started at thebullspen.... Lots of idiotic topics pop up here.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Martin DEFINITELY would have been in the end zone if he held onto the ball.  We were pretty much inside the 1 yard line, iirc.  

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Huh?

Link?

W-O-W

There's a big difference between passing the buck, and just stating facts.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did you hear what he said about Kloss?

Taggart said no regrets ... "If the ball had gone through the uprights, we'd have had 3 more points."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I disagree with the earlier posters.

I think if we have another year next year like this one without much sign of improvement, CWT could very well only get a total of 2 years. This year has been nearly inexcusable... I expected a bad year, but I also expected improvement as the year went on. Charlie Strong had less to work with in his first year and got 6 wins. This past game against Memphis makes me really wonder whether we've honestly seen overall improvement, or if something else explains how we hung in the Houston game. I don't think 4-5 wins was too much to ask with this schedule, even if the team went through some culture shock after CWT started putting his touch on things. I like the talk that CWT talks... but I'm not convinced he is more than an average (or below average) coach with a lot of learning to do at this point. I want to believe in him and his staff... hopefully they show us more in the remaining games.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I really don't see how you have a problem with this.  Not EVERYTHING that goes wrong automatically falls back onto the coaches unless you have a pretty drastically warped mind.  What part of Taggart's quote there is factually incorrect?

I get it.  You are CWT's agent.