• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld Total QBR: Chance for Worst Ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Stats are for losers as former Bucs coach Raheem Morris said. When I think Eveld, I remember the game that he came off the bench and beat Miami at Miami. Eveld that overcame a rocky start at UConn to put together a good drive to give USF the winning FG to beat UConn on the road. That is the Eveld that I will remember.

Just like any situation in life, if the only thing you look for is negative, you will find it. If you look for the good, you will also find that.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

It is funny how some of this stuff works. Remember, Matt Grothe was never supposed to start a game for us. He was recruited to back up Carlton Hill, who was the prized QB recruit of the same class.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I always thought Grothe was a better recruit than Hill.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Thank you Skip for giving us three of the worst QB's in the nation on the same roster. That's not taking anything away from these players - they are still better than almost every message board poster on here. However, Skip really dug us a deep hole.

Two of the three. Bench transferred in this year.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Stats are for losers as former Bucs coach Raheem Morris said. When I think Eveld, I remember the game that he came off the bench and beat Miami at Miami. Eveld that overcame a rocky start at UConn to put together a good drive to give USF the winning FG to beat UConn on the road. That is the Eveld that I will remember.

Eveld was awful at UConn, sorry we won, and he played his role, but that type of game will get us slaughtered Saturday.

Yeah, so what?  Who said that's the game we or any of our players will play this Saturday?  This is a new week.  I hope he dissapoints some of you guys here and has a wonderful game to beat Louisville. 

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Eveld was awful at UConn, sorry we won, and he played his role, but that type of game will get us slaughtered Saturday.

Yeah, so what?  Who said that's the game we or any of our players will play this Saturday?  This is a new week.  I hope he dissapoints some of you guys here and has a wonderful game to beat Louisville. 

Go Bulls!

That's the thing. EVERY game is unique in itself and nobody knows for sure, the overwhelming majority of the time, how things will exactly play out. Personally, I hope Bobby plays the way he did against UConn. He made the plays to win that ball game and that's all that matters.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If Bobby played the way he did at the end of UConn, we have a shot.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's just me, but I'm of the opinion that we won at UConn in spite of the bad QB play.  Remember a couple defenders dropped some sure INTs/pick 6's.  I am afraid we may have used up a lot of breaks in the last two games.

I'm happy for the wins, don't get me wrong, but Louisville is at the opposite end of the spectrum from Cincy and UConn ... I hope Bobby can rise above his norm, and if he does and we win, I'll really be ecstatic (there's that word again).  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is exactly how I feel as well. We got a ton of breaks the last two games.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

It's just me, but I'm of the opinion that we won at UConn in spite of the bad QB play.  Remember a couple defenders dropped some sure INTs/pick 6's.  I am afraid we may have used up a lot of breaks in the last two games.

I'm happy for the wins, don't get me wrong, but Louisville is at the opposite end of the spectrum from Cincy and UConn ... I hope Bobby can rise above his norm, and if he does and we win, I'll really be ecstatic (there's that word again).  

I don't see UL and Cincy at the opposite ends.  Both are good teams.