• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld Total QBR: Chance for Worst Ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Much of this still goes back to OL pass-blocking IMO. Yeah, he takes too long to read and he runs like an oil-deprived robot, but when the kid has time he typically delivers very catchable passes. Unfortunately our WR's seem shocked when the ball's on target, so they don't help his rating either. Just saying it's not all on Bobby.

This is true. It seems like the receiving corp has completely given up on the idea of a catchable ball and is consistently ill-prepared when one comes their way.

Good observation. The receivers are a mess. On home games you can notice. They run the route and stop playing. No attempt to work open if the QB still has the ball. It's like they assume he's already sacked or thrown it away. Even when Bench was QB. Then when the ball arrives they act like it shouldn't be there.

I hate bubble screens to receivers. But might be worth running some early to get the receivers hit and awake into the game.

Just not to Hopkins. If there is a wide open lane inside he will run to the defender on the sideline.

WR is the only position group where I've questioned the effort routinely this year.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Cincy gift wrapped that game for us.  We had no business beating them.

They absolutely manhandled UConn 41-16 last week.

I'm not saying UL wont turn the ball over and keep us in the game, but if they bring their A game, we're going to be in big trouble.

Gotta say I think our defense is much better then UConns.

I'd have to agree with that, but their offense is probably mildly better than ours.

So, it's not entirely apples to apples.  However, if CIncy didn't turn the ball over like they did we could have easily lost ugly.

Hopefully we can generate that kind of turnover production against UL.  I doubt our QB play will magically improve.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Much of this still goes back to OL pass-blocking IMO. Yeah, he takes too long to read and he runs like an oil-deprived robot, but when the kid has time he typically delivers very catchable passes. Unfortunately our WR's seem shocked when the ball's on target, so they don't help his rating either. Just saying it's not all on Bobby.

LOL at oil-deprived robot!

BJ had issues passing last year. All 3 of our QBs have had trouble this year. What are the common denominators?