• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis has to sit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The kid is frustrated he went from BJ DANIELS..who couldn't get him the ball enough and got him the ball a decent amount...TO NEVER BEING ABLE TO HAVE A GOOD GAME AGAIN AT USF!!! One of the most talented players ever to come through usf being wasted. I'd get a little frustrated too which looks like what Willie pulled him off to the side about after eveld threw a pass that hung him out to dry and get smashed... Give him a break. He isn't taking plays off.

This is complete and utter BS.  He has had multiple times already in these past two games where, if he had just TRIED to give a **** and make a serious effort to go after a ball, he could have made some plays.  If he's frustrated, he needs to channel that into trying harder and not totally wetting the bed when opportunities come.  And make no mistake, he has had opportunities already.

He's a sophomore, so hopefully by the time he's a senior, with CWT he should be the man and I hope he can get 10-15 catches a game.  But you can count on this:  if he doesn't start playing with some passion and heart for his team and for USF, he will be benched because his talent can and WILL be replaced.  Have you seen some of the commits we have coming in?  We just had a 4-star receiver commit in the last day or so.  Assuming these commits stick after NSD, he could be a 2nd team guy easily by the time he is a senior.  

And also, that comment about the pass hanging him out to dry is BS too, I know which one you're talking about, it was the last ball thrown his way and that's why they put on the freakin' pads.  Football's a brutal, contact sport, not a tickling contest.   Assuming you know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure you do, that's a sorry excuse not to catch the ball.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

The kid is frustrated he went from BJ DANIELS..who couldn't get him the ball enough and got him the ball a decent amount...TO NEVER BEING ABLE TO HAVE A GOOD GAME AGAIN AT USF!!! One of the most talented players ever to come through usf being wasted. I'd get a little frustrated too which looks like what Willie pulled him off to the side about after eveld threw a pass that hung him out to dry and get smashed... Give him a break. He isn't taking plays off.

This is complete and utter BS.  He has had multiple times already in these past two games where, if he had just TRIED to give a **** and make a serious effort to go after a ball, he could have made some plays.  If he's frustrated, he needs to channel that into trying harder and not totally wetting the bed when opportunities come.  And make no mistake, he has had opportunities already.

He's a sophomore, so hopefully by the time he's a senior, with CWT he should be the man and I hope he can get 10-15 catches a game.  But you can count on this:  if he doesn't start playing with some passion and heart for his team and for USF, he will be benched because his talent can and WILL be replaced.  Have you seen some of the commits we have coming in?  We just had a 4-star receiver commit in the last day or so.  Assuming these commits stick after NSD, he could be a 2nd team guy easily by the time he is a senior.  

And also, that comment about the pass hanging him out to dry is BS too, I know which one you're talking about, it was the last ball thrown his way and that's why they put on the freakin' pads.  Football's a brutal, contact sport, not a tickling contest.   Assuming you know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure you do, that's a sorry excuse not to catch the ball.  

He's a Junior. I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave early.

He's a Junior. I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave early.

You're right, he's a junior.  Best of luck to him if he leaves early, but hope he at least changes his work ethic before bolting.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Davis needs to be benched. I wouldn't tolerate his lack of heart and effort if I was leading the team. Bad example for the younger fellas especially

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What about Welch?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I say don't give up on them... Mentor them and coach em up... I'd hate to see him turn into Baldwin (Pitt-Chiefs-SF)... It's up to him to be great

What about Welch?

Don't have any reason to think Deonte was giving up on plays.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Davis needs to be benched. I wouldn't tolerate his lack of heart and effort if I was leading the team. Bad example for the younger fellas especially

This.

Maybe for a couple of series, maybe a half. Something to show him that it will not be tolerated.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

We need passionate, football-smart guys.

I've said this before.

Year in year out, we are unable to get the all around kids, the ones with physical talent as well as high football IQ and passion for the game.  We either get kids with a lot of physical talent, but no FB intelligence and no heart, or vice versa.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We need passionate, football-smart guys.

I've said this before.

Year in year out, we are unable to get the all around kids, the ones with physical talent as well as high football IQ and passion for the game. We either get kids with a lot of physical talent, but no FB intelligence and no heart, or vice versa.

Those are five star recruits.