• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench or White for the rest of the year, please!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

As much as no one likes it, Eveld is our best option right now.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Would love to see the game film and I mean what the coaches see to really get an idea of what Eveld was seeing to cause him to hold the ball or throw it away

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Both.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I saw nothing from Eveld other than the ability to be smart enough to throw the ball away. He has little mobility, terribly telegraphed most of his passes, threw into coverage many times and got lucky several times. He looks like a competitor, but he takes forever to set up and then wind up.

To me, going into a big stadium against a defense like MSU's, he was just the safest option to avoid big mistakes in a nerve wracking environment.

Obviously we didn't see much of Bench, but there was a sign of some athleticism and as I mentioned during the chat, I liked that he was animated on the sideline. I want to see what he can bring.

I don't care what defense you are playing, 6-25 with one completion being a 2 inch touch pass does not inspire confidence.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'll take zero wins for the rest of the year if we start either Bench or White.

No you won't.  I'm not sure who you think your kidding.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I saw nothing from Eveld other than the ability to be smart enough to throw the ball away. He has little mobility, terribly telegraphed most of his passes, threw into coverage many times and got lucky several times. He looks like a competitor, but he takes forever to set up and then wind up.

To me, going into a big stadium against a defense like MSU's, he was just the safest option to avoid big mistakes in a nerve wracking environment.

Obviously we didn't see much of Bench, but there was a sign of some athleticism and as I mentioned during the chat, I liked that he was animated on the sideline. I want to see what he can bring.

I don't care what defense you are playing, 6-25 with one completion being a 2 inch touch pass does not inspire confidence.

This is correct, and even with all that said, Bobby is still the best option we have at this point, until Bench is ready with full knowledge of the offense.  There's a reason CWT is not playing him much at this point.  Another poster noticed that Bench's drive was pretty much all read option - probably to get his feet wet while giving MSU a bit of a different look but playing super conservative with him.  

It's entirely possible that Bench at this point could be even more of a liability than the QBs who have started our last two games.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This is correct, and even with all that said, Bobby is still the best option we have at this point, until Bench is ready with full knowledge of the offense.  There's a reason CWT is not playing him much at this point.  Another poster noticed that Bench's drive was pretty much all read option - probably to get his feet wet while giving MSU a bit of a different look but playing super conservative with him.  

It's entirely possible that Bench at this point could be even more of a liability than the QBs who have started our last two games.  

if the guy had talent then you could easily start him off with one arm sleeve full of plays(maybe 20 plays) and implement more as the season progresses.

I know everyone always thinks the back-up is a potential heisman candidate but I'm not sure that's the case.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Our offensive line can't protect White as a dual threat. IT WILL NEVER WORK. 

white's not a dual threat. straight up pro-style.

our offensive line isn't as bad as they looked today. we won't be facing a defense as good as this the rest of the way. in fact I bet we face some defenses ranked outside the top 80. we need to get young guys experience if Taggart thinks they could be a solution to our QB problem. game experience is vital for next year.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Our offensive line can't protect White as a dual threat. IT WILL NEVER WORK. 

white's not a dual threat. straight up pro-style.

our offensive line isn't as bad as they looked today. we won't be facing a defense as good as this the rest of the way. in fact I bet we face some defenses ranked outside the top 80. we need to get young guys experience if Taggart thinks they could be a solution to our QB problem. game experience is vital for next year.

You don't think Miami D-line will be as good?

Bench did not show me much when he went in.