• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench or White for the rest of the year, please!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Our offensive line can't protect White as a dual threat. IT WILL NEVER WORK. 

white's not a dual threat. straight up pro-style.

our offensive line isn't as bad as they looked today. we won't be facing a defense as good as this the rest of the way. in fact I bet we face some defenses ranked outside the top 80. we need to get young guys experience if Taggart thinks they could be a solution to our QB problem. game experience is vital for next year.

You don't think Miami D-line will be as good?

Bench did not show me much when he went in.

miami had the #116 total defense last year and the #82 scoring defense. Michigan state had the #9 scoring defense and #4 total defense last year.

not to say our line won't have problems the rest of the way but Michigan State will be the best defense we see all year. I still think we should work in the young guys against smu, houston, memphis, etc.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Going to be an interesting game.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I saw nothing from Eveld other than the ability to be smart enough to throw the ball away. He has little mobility, terribly telegraphed most of his passes, threw into coverage many times and got lucky several times. He looks like a competitor, but he takes forever to set up and then wind up.

To me, going into a big stadium against a defense like MSU's, he was just the safest option to avoid big mistakes in a nerve wracking environment.

Obviously we didn't see much of Bench, but there was a sign of some athleticism and as I mentioned during the chat, I liked that he was animated on the sideline. I want to see what he can bring.

I don't care what defense you are playing, 6-25 with one completion being a 2 inch touch pass does not inspire confidence.

This is correct, and even with all that said, Bobby is still the best option we have at this point, until Bench is ready with full knowledge of the offense.  There's a reason CWT is not playing him much at this point.  Another poster noticed that Bench's drive was pretty much all read option - probably to get his feet wet while giving MSU a bit of a different look but playing super conservative with him.  

It's entirely possible that Bench at this point could be even more of a liability than the QBs who have started our last two games.  

if the guy had talent then you could easily start him off with one arm sleeve full of plays(maybe 20 plays) and implement more as the season progresses.

I know everyone always thinks the back-up is a potential heisman candidate but I'm not sure that's the case.

You think that a top 10 defense can't sniff out that few plays? Disaster. Its like when one of those crappy NFL teams has a first round pick and gets a QB and start them and they get beat to crap and turn the ball over left and right.Very, very few make it right out of the gate starting their careers.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I saw nothing from Eveld other than the ability to be smart enough to throw the ball away. He has little mobility, terribly telegraphed most of his passes, threw into coverage many times and got lucky several times. He looks like a competitor, but he takes forever to set up and then wind up.

To me, going into a big stadium against a defense like MSU's, he was just the safest option to avoid big mistakes in a nerve wracking environment.

Obviously we didn't see much of Bench, but there was a sign of some athleticism and as I mentioned during the chat, I liked that he was animated on the sideline. I want to see what he can bring.

I don't care what defense you are playing, 6-25 with one completion being a 2 inch touch pass does not inspire confidence.

This is correct, and even with all that said, Bobby is still the best option we have at this point, until Bench is ready with full knowledge of the offense.  There's a reason CWT is not playing him much at this point.  Another poster noticed that Bench's drive was pretty much all read option - probably to get his feet wet while giving MSU a bit of a different look but playing super conservative with him.  

It's entirely possible that Bench at this point could be even more of a liability than the QBs who have started our last two games.  

if the guy had talent then you could easily start him off with one arm sleeve full of plays(maybe 20 plays) and implement more as the season progresses.

I know everyone always thinks the back-up is a potential heisman candidate but I'm not sure that's the case.

You think that a top 10 defense can't sniff out that few plays? Disaster. Its like when one of those crappy NFL teams has a first round pick and gets a QB and start them and they get beat to crap and turn the ball over left and right.Very, very few make it right out of the gate starting their careers.

I said they shouldn't start an inexperienced QB against the better defenses. I only said they need to work them in for 4 or 5 series against the crappy defenses (like houston, smu, memphis, fau).

peyton manning started his rookie year and threw 28 ints in a year they went 3-13.

we're going to take our lumps getting a new QB game experience. it's unavoidable. I'd rather sooner than later. just because you red shirt a guy doesn't mean he won't need live action experience.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I said they shouldn't start an inexperienced QB against the better defenses. I only said they need to work them in for 4 or 5 series against the crappy defenses (like houston, smu, memphis, fau).

peyton manning started his rookie year and threw 28 ints in a year they went 3-13.

we're going to take our lumps getting a new QB game experience. it's unavoidable. I'd rather sooner than later. just because you red shirt a guy doesn't mean he won't need live action experience.

Not sure why you're using Manning ... or his NFL stats. Manning was third string qb as a college freshman but ended up starting when the first two were injured. Not having any earlier game experience didn't seem to bother him consdiering he finished the year 89/144, 1,141 yards, 11/6 td/int and a qb rating of 145.2 .... but still curious as to why you would be trying to make a case for White with a Manning analogy ...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

So here's the deal.....was Bobby that bad or did the O-line not help is his cause?

Our receivers play is certainly not helping the matter.  What's wrong with Andre Davis ??????

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93

Our offensive line can't protect White as a dual threat. IT WILL NEVER WORK. 

white's not a dual threat. straight up pro-style.

our offensive line isn't as bad as they looked today. we won't be facing a defense as good as this the rest of the way. in fact I bet we face some defenses ranked outside the top 80. we need to get young guys experience if Taggart thinks they could be a solution to our QB problem. game experience is vital for next year.

You don't think Miami D-line will be as good?

Bench did not show me much when he went in.

Tough to tell in 1 series but he looked in command and was mobile.  Arm strength,accuracy and reading defenses is pending.  Would like to see him get some extended play time and see how he does.  Hard to believe that he isn't better than the other 2 duds.  Hopefully he can learn more of the playbook so he can get his Bull*ss out there.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Until the offense knows the playbook, trusts each other and is playing as a team, there is no way to tell how good any of these QBs are yet.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Burn White's redshirt and go for broke.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Honestly though this game at least got me interested in the rest of the season.  No one expected after the debacle that was last year for USF to be competing for a national title or anything.  But last week it looked like we wouldn't be competitive.  I know this game is getting away from us late - but this team will compete week in and week out with most other teams on our schedule.  We may not win a lot of games, but at least it will be bearable to watch.

I believe if this team keeps fighting they might just go bowling. (Yes I said it)