• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

I don't much about Bench but if he is not in the competition this week I am not optimistic.

He didn't have an entire spring with the offense and he dinged up as reported.

I know that of course.

Have there been reports that he is tearing it up in the areas does know? Has there been any positive reports about him?

I am asking because I have not seen them.

I would expect wording from the coaches where I could glean that "but for his unfamiliarity with the offense he would be the starter."

Full disclosure, I never was high on him and thought he was brought in for depth.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

I'm sure SOMEone has already said it, but you guys saying Eveld is shaky and didn't show a strong arm must've been watching a game from last year. He looked so much better than last year I had to rub my eyes and take another look. He threw a couple of deep balls on a ROPE and very accurate--too bad the receivers couldn't hold on or it would have been a lot closer. He picked the team up and gave some life to that offense. I don't know how you DON'T start him, he earned it and then some--looked like a good field leader out there, so my vote is to give the guy the chance to prove he can be consistent.

Much as I like Floyd's attitude, he didn't prove he can deliver or overcome adversity. Bobby did. Bench hasn't proven anything yet, appears not to be ready.

Defense was shockingly weak at picking up on the play-sets. Might as well have had runway lights down the middle of those holes on first downs. Much work to do there.

+1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm sure SOMEone has already said it, but you guys saying Eveld is shaky and didn't show a strong arm must've been watching a game from last year. He looked so much better than last year I had to rub my eyes and take another look. He threw a couple of deep balls on a ROPE and very accurate--too bad the receivers couldn't hold on or it would have been a lot closer. He picked the team up and gave some life to that offense. I don't know how you DON'T start him, he earned it and then some--looked like a good field leader out there, so my vote is to give the guy the chance to prove he can be consistent.

Much as I like Floyd's attitude, he didn't prove he can deliver or overcome adversity. Bobby did. Bench hasn't proven anything yet, appears not to be ready.

Defense was shockingly weak at picking up on the play-sets. Might as well have had runway lights down the middle of those holes on first downs. Much work to do there.

Agreed, I saw someone wrote something about arm strength and I scratched my head a bit. Eveld has plenty of arm strength from what I have seen of him.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Floyd was awful overall.  But I still wonder what would have happened if Andre Davis didn't have alligator arms on that long throw downfield.  I've seen him make more difficult catches, and he didn't even try to catch that one.  Those are the kind of plays that make everyone relax and feel good about the game if you make them.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Give Bench a shot at playing...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

I don't much about Bench but if he is not in the competition this week I am not optimistic.

He didn't have an entire spring with the offense and he dinged up as reported.

I know that of course.

Have there been reports that he is tearing it up in the areas does know? Has there been any positive reports about him?

I am asking because I have not seen them.

I would expect wording from the coaches where I could glean that "but for his unfamiliarity with the offense he would be the starter."

Full disclosure, I never was high on him and thought he was brought in for depth.

He actually scored out better in training camp and practice as far as completion percentage and a couple other variables.

Full disclosure: That information came from his father - not a coach.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Floyd was awful overall.  But I still wonder what would have happened if Andre Davis didn't have alligator arms on that long throw downfield.  I've seen him make more difficult catches, and he didn't even try to catch that one.  Those are the kind of plays that make everyone relax and feel good about the game if you make them.

Forgot about that, but you're absolutely right. I was extremely disappointed in Davis, he let up on 2 or 3 plays instead of pouring it on and laying out for the ball. Come on, dude, help your struggling QB already!!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I say start Eveld. 

I noticed that he was the first person from our team to shake the opposing coaches hand. 

Unless there was a check in the coaches hand (joking), I think that shows leadership and that is something the team I watched Saturday needed.  Floyd was hanging his head after INT number 1.  And lets be honest INTs never bothered Eveld in the past! 

Couldn't help it, but seriously I was very impressed with his leadership of the team even with people checking out.  I say you give him another 4 quarters and he gets the team into and playing at a respectable level. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

I say start Eveld. 

I noticed that he was the first person from our team to shake the opposing coaches hand. 

Unless there was a check in the coaches hand (joking), I think that shows leadership and that is something the team I watched Saturday needed.  Floyd was hanging his head after INT number 1.  And lets be honest INTs never bothered Eveld in the past! 

Couldn't help it, but seriously I was very impressed with his leadership of the team even with people checking out.  I say you give him another 4 quarters and he gets the team into and playing at a respectable level. 

I believe I also saw him out there trying to fire up players coming off the field.  For the love of Pete, we need a few people to step up as leaders.  Taggart has said as much on several occasions.  He's looking for guys to take the initiative and step up. 

As for performance, let the guy play and let's see what happens.  Worst case, I am hoping team resources are going towards making Bench more comfortable and less dinged.  By the time you go through all of these guys, you'll know if you are just building for next year or not.