• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

CWT is using one of the few advantages he has-- the opponent doesn't know who is going to be the  QB with any certainty-- so they have to prepare for both guys/styles and even for what Bench or White might bring to the table

I would agree if we still had someone like BJ here.  But Bobby & Matt?  Those two are so pedestrian that I don't think it changes how they game plan.  

all four are potentially in play -- they aren't carbon copies of each other

I will buy you a beer if Floyd or Eveld doesn't start.   :guinness:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

If McNeese defense was too much for Floyd how can you expect him to do any better vs. MSU?

Just name Eveld the starter already. Maybe for FAU experiment with the QBs a little more, but of all of the QBs Eveld has had the most on the feild success. I think he is the only choice you have for MSU.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

If McNeese defense was too much for Floyd how can you expect him to do any better vs. MSU?

Just name Eveld the starter already. Maybe for FAU experiment with the QBs a little more, but of all of the QBs Eveld has had the most on the feild success. I think he is the only choice you have for MSU.

you don't get how this works for a head coach do you? what advantage does the team get if he announces to everyone what could be kept as team only information? The only people who gain anything by announcing who our starter will be before Thursday is Mich State because they can game plan against a specific set of tendencies and film study

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you don't get how this works for a head coach do you? what advantage does the team get if he announces to everyone what could be kept as team only information? The only people who gain anything by announcing who our starter will be before Thursday is Mich State because they can game plan against a specific set of tendencies and film study

im prettty sure this is the case

i dont think taggart will start floyd but there is no need for taggart toa nnounce eveld to appease us

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

It's not like MSU is trembling in their boots at the thought of Floyd at QB.  One look at last week's tape and their entire defense will be licking their chops at all the INTs they can rack up.  

Edited by tau.reanb

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

It's not like MSU is trembling in their boots at the thought of Floyd at QB.  One look at last week's tape and their entire defense will be licking their chops at all the INTs they can rack up.  

FFS -- no one is saying any of that

reread what I wrote

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder how far back Bench is, and what is keeping him out of competition. Is he just not as talented? Has he not grasped the offense? Seems odd that his name is not even mentioned.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I wonder how far back Bench is, and what is keeping him out of competition. Is he just not as talented? Has he not grasped the offense? Seems odd that his name is not even mentioned.

If he was up to speed he probably would have entered the game instead of Eveld.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

FFS -- no one is saying any of that

reread what I wrote

I read what you wrote and it seems you're implying there's even some doubt on the part of MSU that Floyd won't be the starter.  I'd say it's a fait acompli at this point and even our opponents know that by now.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld had a TON of dropped passes and if not for the huge deficit, we would had been able to put something together to come back. He was basically put into a situation of throwing on everydown... even Plant High could had stopped us from going deep under these circumstances. Just send everyone back and prevent the big pass.

It basically boils down to this... Floyd has a better arm, but otherwise sucks... Eveld has a weak arm, but is an all around better QB.

I would rather have a QB like Eveld who is smart and won't give the game away vs. Floyd who will just huck the ball down the field and hope for the best.