• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Whatever happens, don't put Floyd back in.

I don't think we see him again.

I think he's done too, but would not be surprised if he gets another shot.  

They interviewed Coach T at halftime and he said Floyd was not making the right throws or reads.  Based on his statements, I was shocked to see Floyd back in there to start the second half.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Whatever happens, don't put Floyd back in.

I don't think we see him again.
entirely possible he alternates them by quarter or series.
Did Taggart say something about that? If he didn't I think it would be very unlikely. Its just my opinion/prediction.
pure speculation on my part

Respectfully, I hope things don't turn out that way.

This mornings Trib says CWT has not decided on a QB for MSU and that they will compete during the week.

http://tbo.com/taggart-bulls-waited-for-bad-things-to-happen-20130903/

UNCERTAIN AT QB: Taggart said he expects to decide on a starting quarterback later this week as the Bulls prepare for Saturday afternoon’s game at Michigan State. Sophomore Matt Floyd, who was benched after opening the third quarter with his second interception, and senior Bobby Eveld, who threw two touchdowns in relief, will compete during practice.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

also-- when Eveld was in there, McNeese pretty much knew he was passing almost every down. We were behind by a huge amount. He still had better success than Floyd and seemed to handle pocket pressure better (ducked a few sacks, got rid of the ball). Some of that could have been the result of a prevent defense-- gotta admit I lost interest for some of that period and just kind of spaced out over the score.

I would like to see the other guys get a shot in the FAU game (screw the redshirt-- full steam ahead for White if he is ready/better).

Start Eveld against MSU--- if we start to get beatdown badly (down by 21plus late in the third)-- give Bench a shot. Let Floyd take a game off. Save White for FAU short of the ready/better scenario.

If it took CWT as long as it did to name Floyd the starter-- they must be pretty close in overall ability/practice performance. 0

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm really surprised that Floyd is still "competing" for starter. Seemed very clear from the couch...in CWT we trust I guess...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

if CWT completely gave up on a guy after one bad game-- that would not be very good. Doesn't mean he has to start him, but give him a chance to keep competing.

same goes for everyone on the team-- never know when that guy is going to come back with a chip on his shoulder ready to show everyone what he is capable of

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

if CWT completely gave up on a guy after one bad game-- that would not be very good. Doesn't mean he has to start him, but give him a chance to keep competing.

same goes for everyone on the team-- never know when that guy is going to come back with a chip on his shoulder ready to show everyone what he is capable of

Good take...makes sense. But if Floyd starts I'll start to have trust issues. =)

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

You can't just let the numbers decide who played better.

Floyd's only completed passes were dump off passes to RBs or short passes to WRs.  Nothing downfield.  

Eveld came in and looked much better.  His throws were decisive and on point.  He had a few bad drops and a TD called back.  

If Floyd is starting against MSU then I will be thoroughly disappointed in CWT.  

If CWT doesn't think Eveld is capable then put Bench in.  Floyd has proved that he isn't going to cut it. 

CWT is using one of the few advantages he has-- the opponent doesn't know who is going to be the  QB with any certainty-- so they have to prepare for both guys/styles and even for what Bench or White might bring to the table

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

CWT is using one of the few advantages he has-- the opponent doesn't know who is going to be the  QB with any certainty-- so they have to prepare for both guys/styles and even for what Bench or White might bring to the table

I would agree if we still had someone like BJ here.  But Bobby & Matt?  Those two are so pedestrian that I don't think it changes how they game plan.  

I would agree if we still had someone like BJ here.  But Bobby & Matt?  Those two are so pedestrian that I don't think it changes how they game plan.  

all four are potentially in play -- they aren't carbon copies of each other