• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, someone made a good point on GA's blog and I wanted to carry it over to here...

If Tags goes back to Floyd, he's thinking that this season is lost and he would rather get Floyd some work so that next season doesn't have to be a debacle as well.

If he goes with Eveld, he's trying to get us to a bowl this year, which is highly unlikely in my mind... Look, Floyd was 9-20 and Eveld was 10-20... Aside from throwing it to the other team, there isn't that much of a difference in those numbers. Floyd also too more chances down field on more difficult passes. Floyd was awful, I am not saying he wasn't, but, was Eveld really "good"? Or, was he just so much better than Floyd that he looked like an all-American?

It all brings me to this... next year, it's going to be Floyd, Bench, or, White. I'd like to see Bench get some reps and maybe even start for us in the near future. I guess he doesn't have complete command of the offense yet, but, I would hate to see us go 4-8 or worse with Eveld at the helm, there just isn't any reward in doing that. If Tags thinks Eveld can win 7 games, great. Otherwise, I'd rather go with Bench (or even Floyd) and let him get the experience to put us in a better spot next year.

Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From my view, Eveld had more receiver drops, Floyd had more misses and you can't just throw out the two interceptions.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We have to get into the conference schedule before all is lost... Who knows, we might be able to improve and show well in conference.

If we go 0-2/3 in conference then we start thinking about next season. In which case i'd go Bench and preserve White's RS... Unless Willie feels like he can be the guy next season as a true soph.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117

The season is not lost. If it was we would see White.

Eveld had two dropped passes at least, one td called back and did not throw into triple coverage (was it the times for Floyd?)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If the season is lost, you certainly don't burn a redshirt.  The only way you 'd see White is if CWT thinks he can salvage the season.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117

If the season is lost, you certainly don't burn a redshirt. The only way you 'd see White is if CWT thinks he can salvage the season.

I disagree. We could spend the whole season getting White ready for next year.

The season is not over.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

From my view, Eveld had more receiver drops, Floyd had more misses and you can't just throw out the two interceptions.

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

also-- when Eveld was in there, McNeese pretty much knew he was passing almost every down. We were behind by a huge amount. He still had better success than Floyd and seemed to handle pocket pressure better (ducked a few sacks, got rid of the ball). Some of that could have been the result of a prevent defense-- gotta admit I lost interest for some of that period and just kind of spaced out over the score.

I would like to see the other guys get a shot in the FAU game (screw the redshirt-- full steam ahead for White if he is ready/better).

Start Eveld against MSU--- if we start to get beatdown badly (down by 21plus late in the third)-- give Bench a shot. Let Floyd take a game off. Save White for FAU short of the ready/better scenario.

If it took CWT as long as it did to name Floyd the starter-- they must be pretty close in overall ability/practice performance. 0

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

The interceptions and poor decision making are the big difference between Eveld and Floyd.  Perfectly consistent with what CWT said earlier - Floyd offers makes more plays, but also more mistakes.  I don't think it's a slam dunk he'll sit Floyd for MSU, but he may have a quicker trigger.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Whatever happens, don't put Floyd back in.