• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart Radio Show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

wow cuban havent seen u post in awhile, met u at the sunbowl seems like ages ago, setting up for a rough year or two but i think coach t is the guy

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe they didn't bring the entire team together when they addressed it last year to show it was happening all over. However last season it was mostly the defense doing this, players going off the reservation, as I recall. But now CWT brought the entire team together vs addressing this as separate units.

Correct. It may have been addressed, but not stopped. So if he can do it we have a prayer. I think this system is much more likely to work than the prevent from last ueae

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

wow cuban havent seen u post in awhile, met u at the sunbowl seems like ages ago, setting up for a rough year or two but i think coach t is the guy

That was a fun trip except for the score. Yeah I have stayed away from this board during the meltdowns. I agree with you Coach T will get it right.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Why?!?!?! The meltdowns are my favorite part! :D

i prefer the meltdowns happen to other teams because of us

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

Listening to the show uploaded now while watching a recording of La. Tech.  Skip's interview going into the 2nd half sounded much like Tags radio show.  Can't have turnovers.  We gotta get better.  It is all coach speak. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Listening to the show uploaded now while watching a recording of La. Tech. Skip's interview going into the 2nd half sounded much like Tags radio show. Can't have turnovers. We gotta get better. It is all coach speak.

Willie T is not making excuses and is puting the responsibility on the players. I can't recall Skippy ever doing that.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm wondering if players had actually stayed within the scheme would the outcome have been different?

Scheme scheme scheme...

If the D line stands up the O line instead of blowing past the O line then maybe the LBs can make a play. They are leaving each other out to dry on defense.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

One thing I have noticed. Is the way teams take the field and act the whole night. Back in the day we were always ready to go, sideline was "bumping" and ready to kick *ss. Looked like a lot of guys were being lethargic, not a lot of emotion on the sidelines, but McNeese sure looked happy to be out there. Now is that our own fault for not having players ready to go or are our players still in the soft system we had from previous regime?!?!?!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

One thing I have noticed. Is the way teams take the field and act the whole night. Back in the day we were always ready to go, sideline was "bumping" and ready to kick *ss. Looked like a lot of guys were being lethargic, not a lot of emotion on the sidelines, but McNeese sure looked happy to be out there. Now is that our own fault for not having players ready to go or are our players still in the soft system we had from previous regime?!?!?!

I think the elders on the team have a mentality of, "Here we go again....." and that may have caused them to give up early.

I believe that proper coaching can fix some of this, but not all of this. If a player has experienced nothing but negativity while at USF, then at some point it is reasonable to think that they want to give up. This is where the coaches need to get them to buy into their system and try and provide reassurance.

I really hope our players can put the past in the past, but I know it is probably much easier said than done for them. I think if they were just able to have the right mentality that Taggart is talking about, then I think we could be good competitors in the AAC this year. 

One of my biggest concerns is that if this mentality is really going on like Taggart says, then I worry about the effect of that on the new guys. The new guys come in with fresh and exciting attitudes, but they also look up to the seniors on the team. If the seniors are in that type of "Here we go again..." mentality, then that could rub off on the young guns.

I think Willie will eventually turn the attitude of this team around, but it takes time. No way these adjustments happen over night. Football can be as much a mental game as it is physical sometimes. I hope we turn it around at some point and kick some ass!