• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Consider this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Bulliever...that was a heartfelt story and you are absolutely 100% correct regarding what's truly important.

With that being said, you also know that year in year out, there are a handful of our beloved fans that don't appreciate a single thing besides winning.  I've stopped debating over topics many years ago, but I still enjoy coming to the board.  As long as this board exists (or any other sports-related message board) there will be whining, complaints, and best of all the meltdowns.  Even when we win.

Let's pretend that we came from behind and beaten this team...this board would still be in meltdown mode having only escaped with a victory.  

Time changes, not people.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Thank the Lord he is will be ok. 

Your family will be in our prayers. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

This family is rooting for a speedy recovery. Good days ahead, your priorities and comments are  laser focused.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Glad your son is OK Brad. That had to be a hell of a night for your family....

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Being a parent I can imagine how you felt. Its a freight train of the worse emotions imaginable hitting you all at once as you ponder and imagine the worse case scenarios while hoping for the best outcome possible. . It sounds like he's going to be fine, what a blessing.

I worked 25 years in medical imagining, the last 15 in a metro Atlanta ER on third shift. I've seen a few broken necks, all were either from diving into pools or car accidents. The thing they all had in common was their necks hurt so bad they were using ever muscle in their neck to try and not to move their head.

Anyway, I am so glad your son is going to be OK. And sorry that this is probably going to end his football career because it sounds like he has natural instincts along with physical talent which isn't that common in football players. If his career is over he might make a great coach some day.

I have never agreed about saying anything negative about players even when they screw up and that includes when they act like kids on social media. If anything, what this team needs right now is the fans to rally around them and give them hope and let them know we are behind them and with them on this journey to becoming a winning team. GO BULLS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks to everyone for your comments.  My son does not know I posted this, but he would be warmed by the concern and best wishes.

I kept telling my wife to think positive.  This event defined which way each of us would go in a dire situation.

It was a tough night.  I am thankful to be talking to him today.

By the way, for slick and others I know in the ER, it is brutal.  The MD I spoke to was top notch.  I don't know how he deals with the stuff I saw that Friday night, including a couple parents scared to death for their son.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Brad - very sorry to hear about you and your families nightmare and I am happy that your son is responding well and it wasn't worse. While I was reading your heartfelt story I could only think about my children and how I would feel in that situation. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Brad, we'll be thinking of you, your son and your family.  Had to be so scary for all of you.  Hopefully he recovers fully and quickly.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149

I think we all need to take a timeout and stop with the negative thoughts on this board. I appreciate you posting this and your family is in my prayers. Thank you for your support and passion in creating this board also....we are a better fanbase because of you

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Brad that really puts thing into perspective. Thanks for posting and I hope all ends well.