• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Consider this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Praying for full recovery. He's lucky to have you two as parents--great example sir.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Brad, I have not had a chance to reply to your statement about your son. I myself am a parent and received a phone call a couple years ago telling me they were taking my daughter out of an automobile on a backboard. There is nothing scarier than getting a phone call And not knowing what is going to happen. My prayers are with you and your wife and your son and your family. I pray that God will miraculously work and healing will take place and hopefully in the future he will be able to participate in sports again.

Edited by nobullaboutit

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I wish your son full recovery and I hope his future remains at maximum brightness.

And thank you, Brad, for sharing and for helping me remember what's most important.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Brad, So glad to hear your son is on the mend. Sorry he is struggling with one of his dreams. Maybe the Eric LeGrand story can be something you might direct him to in the coming days and weeks.

I have a lot more thoughts about this, having lost a teenage son, but they are too complicated to get into here. I wish all the best for you during the coming recovery, really, am thinking about you and your nightmare w/e. Be well friend.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Thank you all. 

I am happy to report that he had his first follow-up with the concussion doctor today.  He's had no ill effects after Saturday other than concussion related headaches, etc.

He's been put on a plan to measure cognitive ability with tests he has to pass before moving on to physical tests.  The doctor thought his recovery was ahead of schedule as it can vary person to person.  He said he expects him to be cleared within 3-4 weeks, meaning if he passes he can play low contact sports, basketball considered one of them.  He is not allowed back to football for a year.  If he chooses to play again, which he wants to, he has to pass a number of tests.  I can't remember the name of them but included some imaging of the brain.  But that's gettign way ahead of ourselves.

Again, thanks.  It could have been so much worse, especially seemed possible the first 30-45 minutes.  I'm thankful he is nearly back to normal in his day to day.  He just needs to get cleared to ensure no lingering effects.

Thank you all for your concern.  I really appreciate it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Wow. Scary stuff.

Glad to hear he's not permanently paralyzed or anything.

All the best.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Great news; thanks for the update! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Wonderful about the progress. The human body truly is amazing in how much damage it can take but still be fragile.

I'm sure that not only you and your wife but also your son will all have new perspectives on what is most important in life. Best wishes to your family and may God bless you all.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Brad,n

This is my first opportunity to respond to your post.  I am thankful that your son is going to recover fully.  As we all know, football is an extremely violent contact sport and accidents happen. 

Yes, I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of the game Saturday night, and see a lot of questions that need to be answered.  Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful that the team will be able to turn things around.