• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Morning After

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah really... A close margin of defeat or even a win just isn't similar to what happened here. Mcneese scored 30 in the second half alone. This was a disaster- plain and simple.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Well.

Now that we've gotten that out of our system.

I would not have been overly surprised that we lost to McSU. That being said, I would have expected a 3 to maybe 10 point margin of victory. Never would I have expected the dismantling debacle, the record breaking loss, we suffered last night. 

As for the "unrealistic fans" who thought, based solely on what...Coach speak? "It Aint Holtz"? that a 10-2 season was possible, I wouldn't be too hard on them. They probably lean more towards an "anything's possible" philosophy than an honest assessment of where we are. And after last nights performance, those of us who thought a four or five win season was going to be the level of expectation, well...we may have to revisit that as well.

However, it was the first game under a new coach for a team that returns what...eleven starters? Our O-line needs work...wait...you know, there's plenty of work to be done across the board and as god-awful as last night was...it was last night. Boys, this is gonna be a rebuilding year (or two) and I just want to emphasize that when I use the term 'rebuilding', I do not harbor any illusions of "yeah, going 7-5 instead of 9-3". I mean heavy lifting.

If I could think of something good to say about last night I would. But the closest I can come is "well, thankfully football season started".  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

It is a tough loss without many bright spots, including the fact only 22K came out to RJS, but there is no way to go but up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bright spots:

The students showed up

Shaw looks to be a good back for us

Eveld looks to be a serviceable QB

Offensive scheme looks good.  (receivers were open on almost every play, Floyd just couldn't find them or hit them)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well.

Now that we've gotten that out of our system.

I would not have been overly surprised that we lost to McSU. That being said, I would have expected a 3 to maybe 10 point margin of victory. Never would I have expected the dismantling debacle, the record breaking loss, we suffered last night. 

As for the "unrealistic fans" who thought, based solely on what...Coach speak? "It Aint Holtz"? that a 10-2 season was possible, I wouldn't be too hard on them. They probably lean more towards an "anything's possible" philosophy than an honest assessment of where we are. And after last nights performance, those of us who thought a four or five win season was going to be the level of expectation, well...we may have to revisit that as well.

However, it was the first game under a new coach for a team that returns what...eleven starters? Our O-line needs work...wait...you know, there's plenty of work to be done across the board and as god-awful as last night was...it was last night. Boys, this is gonna be a rebuilding year (or two) and I just want to emphasize that when I use the term 'rebuilding', I do not harbor any illusions of "yeah, going 7-5 instead of 9-3". I mean heavy lifting.

If I could think of something good to say about last night I would. But the closest I can come is "well, thankfully football season started".

Great post.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

UL Monroe beat Alabama in Alabama in 2007 the first year of Saban and that was near the end of the season.

Things can only go up from here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

"Fans" were off the deep end with their "emotion filled" thoughts of a 10 and 2 season. 

Taggart is the right guy and it will take time.  Not this year and not next.  Short term pain, long term gain.

Go Bulls!

Can't believe some people thought we would go 10-2. Unrealistic expectations for this team.

That was the use of exaggeration to make a point.

I don't think the issue is 10-2 as much as it was the expectation of a win over McNeese State.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Can we take a pill and abort this mess we call a football team and Athletic Dept?       

They make a pill for everything else, We need one today to get us all off the ledge LOL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Guys.... We didn't just lose to McNeese. We got manhandled and blown out of the water. 

Yes and so did over a half dozen other FBS schools.

???

Well, I feel better now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

Still waiting for a statement from Taggart, Woolard, or Judy