• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Morning After

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Hopefully after a night to sleep on this loss we realize that all is not lost. Taggart is young (4th youngest FBS) and this will be a learning experience for him. If he's a good coach, and I think he probably is, he's already got ideas on how to get the team competitive. Don't go off the deep end, there's a lot of season left and no where to go but up.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I just woke up and it is still bad

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate the optimism, but first thing I did was run to TBP to see if what happened last night really in fact happened.

It is going to take some time to get over this one.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I work up early hard to sleep.  Yeah this is rock freaking bottom. 

But I gotta remember that the starters have still the losing ways of holtz stuck on them and they seemed to cave when things got tough.

CWT has to build this team up from the bottom.

I have faith in CWT and things will get turned around.

Eveld was a bright spot he can be the leader this year and maybe Bench. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

"Fans" were off the deep end with their "emotion filled" thoughts of a 10 and 2 season. 

Taggart is the right guy and it will take time.  Not this year and not next.  Short term pain, long term gain.

Go Bulls!

Can't believe some people thought we would go 10-2. Unrealistic expectations for this team.

Still 100% behind CWT and will make us a better team. He still needs to get more of his players to use his system.

I don't remember seeing this many FBS teams lose to FCS teams in 1 weekend.

Coach them up. Period. It was sloppy play for the most part. And its early season. The film room is going to give a lot of ideas for what needs to help at practice. Holtz has been gone for 9 months, no longer an excuse. Remember the interviews with the players, the atmosphere has been changed. Maybe the team believed the hype that Taggart was an instant fix. Or looking forward to the next game. One thing is for sure, work and film study is going to do a lot towards winning. The raw talent is right there. They need to harness it.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

What about a defense. Who fixes the defense

What about a defense. Who fixes the defense

Taggart will figure it out.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Coach them up. Period. It was sloppy play for the most part. And its early season. The film room is going to give a lot of ideas for what needs to help at practice. Holtz has been gone for 9 months, no longer an excuse. Remember the interviews with the players, the atmosphere has been changed. Maybe the team believed the hype that Taggart was an instant fix. Or looking forward to the next game. One thing is for sure, work and film study is going to do a lot towards winning. The raw talent is right there. They need to harness it.

Holtz will be an excuse as long as we keep losing. Once we string together a few wins, then we can call this a CWT team.

Holtz will be an excuse as long as we keep losing. Once we string together a few wins, then we can call this a CWT team.

That's part of the problem. Its a crutch, an excuse. Doesn't fly. Its psychological. These players have talent. We all saw Shaw, Cliett, etc execute.. They need to concentrate and work as a team.