• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Just Made the 49ers as QB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

What's your point? All the guys you listed displayed NFL level talent and production while here.

So did BJ or he wouldn't have been drafted .... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What's your point? All the guys you listed displayed NFL level talent and production while here.

So did BJ or he wouldn't have been drafted ....

Touché. I shoukd have added that it was enough so that most usf fans knew they would be drafted and the it was a question of when.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think that... most of you would say that BJ is a better QB than Grothe was... and, apparently the NFL agrees. But, Grothe won a lot more games, and, won more big games. What that shows me is that the coaches at that time put MG in a position to succeed whereas the subsequent coaches put BJD in a position to either carry the team on his shoulders (Nevada anyone?), or, fail.

MG had to carry the offense a lot as well, but, he was afforded a very solid defense and aggressive mentality that led to quite a few turnovers on the other side... literally, BJD needed to put up at least 30 on his own to win a game under the Holtz regime.

Any day of the week, Leavitt's 2009 Bulls would kick the snot out of Holtz's 2012 Bulls, with BJD at the helm. Daniels should have been an absolute stud by his 3rd and 4th years starting, but, he pretty much showed a ton of natural ability and stayed stagnant for 4 years. Not his fault at all, and not a knock on him. IF BJD had gotten to play against the soft defenses that Holtz put out there, he would have surpassed 5000 yards per season on his own.

Edit: for the record, I like BJD a lot and he is a great Bull, but, I preferred MG as a QB for us. He had some sort of "it" factor to be able to come up with some great plays when they were needed most. I have said it before, but, that Cincy game in 2007 was as bad as a QB can play. It was horrible and I wanted to vomit from it... but, at the end of the game, Matt Grothe hit C Mitchell square in the hands for what would have been the winning TD and it was dropped. I think like one play later, he hit someone else, Hester maybe, who was getting violated in the back of the endzone with no call. For all he did wrong in that game, he pushed through it, and had us right there at the end and didn't get the pickup he needed from his receivers. That stands out to me about Grothe... and his complete and utter dominance over and disdain for UCF.

Edited by Orlando Bull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

And how many BCS bowls did USF make? BTW, that is a rehash of smazza's remarks as those players and more went off to NFL teams.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Congrats BJ!  Anyone know if he made 2nd string?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats BJ!  Anyone know if he made 2nd string?

No, he is 3rd string.  Colt McCoy is 2nd string.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting idea though as to which they'll list as 3rd QB. Daniels being active still gives them that emergency option at other positions as well.

Probably will stick with McCoy early, but BJ will at least be dressed either way.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BJ Daniels is a NFL Quarterbck

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Interesting idea though as to which they'll list as 3rd QB. Daniels being active still gives them that emergency option at other positions as well.

Probably will stick with McCoy early, but BJ will at least be dressed either way.

he will only dress as the emergency qb for the most part- which is part of the 53 man roster but not the active roster unless both QBs go down

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

he will only dress as the emergency qb for the most part- which is part of the 53 man roster but not the active roster unless both QBs go down

He may dress because he can be used in other roles.