• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Floyd named starting QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I guess to counter myself being the pessimist here I will point out that BJ made strides he had not made in 5 years over an offseason in SF (reading blitz and throwing hot). So who is to say Floyd wasn't plagued by terrible lack of coaching as well.

A single decent cameo appearance against third stringers and suddenly he is All World? Interesting idea.

Hey jerkoff, I said i saw things he never learned to do. Never did I say anything about being a great QB.

Reading comprehension not a strong suit?

Oh yeah and i doubt there is a defense we faced that had as much talent as a 3rd string NFL defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Should be interesting what tags does when mcneese is winning at halfime

Fire the defensive coordinator ....

That's just it. The DC's defenses in the past only shined when the team had a top 5 offense keeping them off the field and HoF caliber talent. When the team had neither they were disasters of epic proportions.

We should make a trophy to commemorate those epically bad defenses.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't matter what Floyd does in this game the real test will be Michigan State. If he has problems with Mcneese State then another qb needs to see the field

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Should be interesting what tags does when mcneese is winning at halfime

Fire the defensive coordinator ....

That's just it. The DC's defenses in the past only shined when the team had a top 5 offense keeping them off the field and HoF caliber talent. When the team had neither they were disasters of epic proportions.

We should make a trophy to commemorate those epically bad defenses.

We have one. Every check Cosh continues to get from usf this year.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Congrats and good luck to Floyd!  As has been said, I trust CWT's decision as a coach and former QB.

I was wondering whether the performance of Floyd last year, especially snap issues, was more a result of lack of reps allowed in practice by the previous coaching staff?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Ughhhhh. Please just win. Prove me wrong Floyd

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Glad he gets the shot. I hope the ball issue is gone for good and doesn't come back with game day pressure. Still think Bench may make a push as we get deeper in the season. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah any big mess ups will probably see Bench getting a chance by then.  I would imagine Bench will be next in line ahead of Bobby once he has gotten comfortable with the playbook

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yeah any big mess ups will probably see Bench getting a chance by then.  I would imagine Bench will be next in line ahead of Bobby once he has gotten comfortable with the playbook

I would agree.  I would think for Bobby to start, he'd have to be way ahead of anyone else.  I'm sure CWT is looking to the future as well as the current season.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Congrats and good luck to Floyd! As has been said, I trust CWT's decision as a coach and former QB.

I was wondering whether the performance of Floyd last year, especially snap issues, was more a result of lack of reps allowed in practice by the previous coaching staff?

Wasn't Floyd getting ALL the reps once BJ and Bobby went down? How many more would it take to learn how to complete the most basic task you can ask of a QB? It's like saying a guy has all the tools to be a great catcher...he can hit, he can throw, he calls a good game, just has a little trouble catching pitches.