• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your USF starting QB will be?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The reason I like White is the upside. But right now Floyd is the man. You have to play him and let him gain confidence. I just don't see it with Bench or EVeld, and God do we need upside. The reason BJ has turned it around is that Skip's Offense and backfield mgmt  was cockamamie at best. I can't tell you how many times the RB and BJ ran into each other in the backfield last year. I was tearing my hair out. Something which is so fundamental to team success and which dramatically impacts the run game, the passing game and turnovers. By the time BJ and the RB would get untangled(either in play action or for handoff) the play was doomed. Timing is screwed with your receivers. The RB can't get through behind his blocking assignments.

Here's Skip saying offense had a pretty good game after losing 44-17 vs Pitt. I never want to watch this again.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rivals had an opinion on the subject, just not sure exactly what it was

Breaking Camp 1381377.JPG
spacer1.gif Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld haven't won the starting job yet, but has made the fewest mistakes thus far - as the Bulls head to Tampa 

Reminded me of this ad for a Free Cat on tonight's Treasure coast Craigslist

Free wife comes with dam cat (Vero beach)

I'm willing to trade for any thing better she is winny and realy lazy comes with her female cat that's in heat all day. Also must warn due not feed eggs or any milk for it can be very toxicit also phone included must have plenty off time on hands because its she's a lot off work.

Good for spending your money and telling you how to due your job
Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

The dude from Penn State.

Hmmmm

Dual threat? 2 of 8 passes for 12 yards and rushing for 18 yards in 2012. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hmmmm

Should we post Floyd and Eveld's stats from last year? They were atrocious at best.

Bench played in 1/10th of a game, not like he could have thrown for 1000 yards on 10 plays.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My starting QB would be the one who gives us the best opportunity to win and since I haven't seen one snap of practice, I couldn't tell you who that would be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe "leader" was not the best choice of words but I think it's a fair statement that BJ's issues when he was a Bull were mental, not physical.

To a degree, but remember a lot of the problems in our offense were also because there was also such a limited supporting cast.

For most of the time BJ was here our WR corp

Was very thin and inexperienced. RB position was never settled and use of the TE was mostly non existent. A lot of BJs mistakes were because he was such a great competitor he tried to do too much on his own because he was forced to.

A QB by committe system would be a disaster. Some competition against Mcneese and FAU may be in order to secure a starter, but in this offense we don't need a guy like Grothe and BJ that takes 85% of the offense on his shoulders. We just need the guy that can make the correct read and get the guy to the playmakers. I think early on that limiting mistakes by the QB will be more important than being a playmaker.

I think Floyd gets the start in game 1. Eveld and Bench get equal time and depending on how it goes, either Eveld or Bench start at MSU.

In a big game like MSU I want the guy that is steady and can limit mistakes. I remember the Penn State game. Courtney Denson was the dynamic playmaking QB. He had not played QB in 2 or 3 years before that game. He started and made 2 huge mistakes early and we changed to Julmiste. We were steady enough that we came back. Without the mistskes by Denson early we probably win that game.

Early in the season I want the guy that will limit the mistskes.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Rivals had an opinion on the subject, just not sure exactly what it was

Breaking Camp 1381377.JPGspacer1.gif Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld haven't won the starting job yet, but has made the fewest mistakes thus far - as the Bulls head to Tampa

Reminded me of this ad for a Free Cat on tonight's Treasure coast Craigslist

Free wife comes with dam cat (Vero beach)

I'm willing to trade for any thing better she is winny and realy lazy comes with her female cat that's in heat all day. Also must warn due not feed eggs or any milk for it can be very toxicit also phone included must have plenty off time on hands because its she's a lot off work.

Good for spending your money and telling you how to due your job

Lol

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

My starting QB would be the one who gives us the best opportunity to win and since I haven't seen one snap of practice, I couldn't tell you who that would be.

Look at you, with your logic and reason and all. You clearly don't belong here. Are you lost?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Would you stop talking about that penn State game. Still traumatized by that start.

On the other hand, watching Mike Jenkins chase down justin king (the speedy penn State freshman as referred to repeatedly on tv) was awesome.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Hmmmm

Watch the video and count the drops. He put the ball where it's supposed to be.