• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your USF starting QB will be?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I want Floyd to succeed but it seems he has a confidence problem.  Remember this guy during his recruitment? He bled green and gold just like big bird last year, and Bayes this year.  He has the physical tools but his mental game is not there. I think once Bench feels comfortable he will take over. It just takes time  and he is thinking too much instead of reacting to the natural flow of the game.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

ASIANTII-WOULARD_10_19_150.JPG

ASIANTII-WOULARD_10_19_150.JPG

Well played sir

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Really?? Has Floyd really corrected the snap issue? I didn't even have him in the running just because of that huge issue that is a basic part of being a QB. Well whomever it is I just want our Bulls to win.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

All I've heard CWT say about Floyd is about "correcting mistakes", so he's not shining out there. Definitely sounds like mental mistakes, and that crap is like a virus. That was most of BJ's problem, too, or he would have been the leader we needed (not all on the coach). Need to see some confidence and comfort out there, but none of them have it today. I'd bet on the starter being Floyd, but if he keeps demotivating coach, I think we'll see a QB by committee.

There's a little turning in my stomach right now, just want SOMEone to emerge and give our O a second dimension!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

All I've heard CWT say about Floyd is about "correcting mistakes", so he's not shining out there. Definitely sounds like mental mistakes, and that crap is like a virus. That was most of BJ's problem, too, or he would have been the leader we needed (not all on the coach). Need to see some confidence and comfort out there, but none of them have it today. I'd bet on the starter being Floyd, but if he keeps demotivating coach, I think we'll see a QB by committee.

There's a little turning in my stomach right now, just want SOMEone to emerge and give our O a second dimension!

Not sure if serious.....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not sure if serious.....

Might be the trophy winner for most ignorant comment of the month.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not sure if serious.....

Hit a nerve, I see. So you guys feel BJ was always solid on the mental game, and that we won't be juggling QBs for a while this year? Penny for your thoughts, then...more than just insults would be GREAT!

Hey, I love BJ, but you gotta be kidding if you feel he didn't get happy feet and make dumb passing decisions under pressure. Some of that might have been Skip's "pass first" mentality, but you can't pin all the INTs on the coach. Can't tell you how many times I saw him walking to the sideline with his head down.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not sure if serious.....

Hit a nerve, I see. So you guys feel BJ was always solid on the mental game, and that we won't be juggling QBs for a while this year? Penny for your thoughts, then...more than just insults would be GREAT!

Hey, I love BJ, but you gotta be kidding if you feel he didn't get happy feet and make dumb passing decisions under pressure. Some of that might have been Skip's "pass first" mentality, but you can't pin all the INTs on the coach. Can't tell you how many times I saw him walking to the sideline with his head down.

BJ had a lot of problems but being a leader wasn't one of them.

And my opinion on why we aren't going to do a QB by committee is that CWT is our coach and he was a QB. He knows better than most that your offense isn't going anywhere if you're flipping back and forth at that position. There's a reason they say, "If you have two QBs you have no QBs." 

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Maybe "leader" was not the best choice of words but I think it's a fair statement that BJ's issues when he was a Bull were mental, not physical.