• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Why even commit in the first place if you are going to go through all of this? It's absolutely stupid and frankly makes no sense. Why commit to a team and a coach for 7 months or however long, or commit/decommit/commit etc... and then decommit 1 month before signing day. Why don't these kids just keep it to themselves and announce it publicly on signing day? If you are a hard commit to a school then go ahead and announce it, but this game that these kids play is just stupid. 

You act like Porter could predict he was going to get an Offer 2.5 weeks prior to Signing day from Florida, Miami, and Georgia lol. Yes, you have a point with some recruits who have those offers to begin with and do it but Porter did not have those offers over the last 7 months. Had those offers not come in there's no doubt in my mind he would have stayed.

It's hard to not be upset due to timing.  These schools wouldn't even take his calls if he begged for an OV when Taggart called.  Now, they are looking to the fill the boat with late flips, by poaching commits.  It's the survival of the fittest...we just have to fight like hell, and get the best class we can.

If we could get that monster OT Allen, I'd trade Porter.  But he's a stretch, I think. 

If I had to bet, I'd say Porter stays close to home, but not too close, at UF...and regrets it in 1-2 years.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Its not just Porter that I'm talking about though. Its the Woulards/Porters/Carnes...any recruit that commits and then decommits like its nothing. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,684
  • Days Won:  8

He is more likely to get play time at USF than at FSU or UF.

He is likely to make more money upon graduation from USF than from FSU or UF.

How is UF a better offer? Because they have more fans and an on campus stadium? That doesn't do much for him. He will have equal or more opportunities at USF than at UF and many others.

If he has more family and friends in Gainesville or Orlando that could be important however.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Link?

College Rankings

Florida #49

South Florida #170

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

He is more likely to get play time at USF than at FSU or UF.

How is UF a better offer? Because they have more fans and an on campus stadium? That doesn't do much for him. He will have equal or more opportunities at USF than at UF and many others.

If he has more family and friends in Gainesville or Orlando that could be important however.

Can you really not understand that kids grow up hearing about programs that win and dream of playing for them? This is NOT a totally logical decision...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Link?

College Rankings

Florida #49

South Florida #170

BS stat, has nothing to do with a star athletes earning potential. And you ask for a link/source and then don't provide one yourself. Typical Nancy Post.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Well let's think of it terms of just the average student application process. What about the student that had a lifelong dream to go to a certain school, but gets wait listed to get in. He then goes around and tells all his friends and family he is going to his fallback school. Then he gets word that a place opens up at his dream school. Of course he will go he will enroll.

Same difference for football. No such thing as a commitment until he signs an LOI on signing day. I would never fault a kid for going wherever he wants to go.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Link?

College Rankings

Florida #49

South Florida #170

dude, nobody gives a **** about the us news rankings outside of high schoolers.

I got a job with a fortune 25 company, in part because of my degree from usf.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,684

Link?

College Rankings

Florida #49

South Florida #170

If they ranked median salary 1 year after graduation USF would be ahead. If they ranked percentage of students employed or continuing education one year after graduation USF would be ahead.

The reality is rankings don't mean a lot. Look at this list that actually takes into account things that matter.

Measured on percentage of graduates employed, median graduate salary, and cost of the education USF and UCF are tops in the state, not FSU or UF. Miami is not included as it is a private school.

Now the FL politicians suddenly find the metrics are "flawed"? Why? Because they are mostly UF and FSU grads and they don't like that their alma mater came up short so they are going to change the metrics to be ten metrics instead of three and make sure UF and FSU are 1 and 2... But what better metrics are there than recent graduate employment and salary data? I bet the Florida politicians just assumed their alma mater UF and FSU would lead using these metrics they set but they got exposed as being universities of low value instead. Props to FIU leading in new graduate salaries. Who would have guessed?

http://soflobulls.com/2014/01/02/most-successful-florida-grads-no-1-usf/

Edited by Gismo