• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It's UF, or surprisingly us. He stated in past interviews that UCF wasn't an option he favored. Bass believes the more people that see the UCF logo on the recruiting sites, the more UCF is relevant. He picks ridiculous prospects to choose UCF.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

It's UF, or surprisingly us. He stated in past interviews that UCF wasn't an option he favored. Bass believes the more people that see the UCF logo on the recruiting sites, the more UCF is relevant. He picks ridiculous prospects to choose UCF.

Bro, he's just doing his job. /sarcasm

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

I think porter picks uf. The Caldwell bros both played qb at the same Jefferson hs ended up at uf as successful wrs. Would have been a good player for the bulls, but let's hope taggs can get some signing day surprises.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bro, he's just doing his job. /sarcasm

Any publicity is good publicity.  Smart dude.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

So, Bass is the lone guy picking UCF, and is hosting his announcement. My $$ says he goes to UCF, or it's a bit of a smack to Bass.
I seriously doubt UCF. He came to alot of games but UF lock imo. Not going to say we recruited him hard and assumed he was a team tampa guy. Tyler harris was our guy.
Bass breaking the news is like a guy introducing the crush of his life to best friend to take to prom.

Conference is tomorrow? Guess UF (or UCF) is pressing to make him commit now.

Ya. But with BHN duties he covers many things. 99% sure its UF. We will finish strong though. I expect final 4 commits to be a few 4*s.
I dont expect it.

You don't expect our 6-27 football program over the last 33 games, coming off of a 2-10 season to lock up a few 4 stars in our final commits when it's all said and done??
He means for UCF
Yes I meant ucf. What CWT and staff are doing recruiting wise is pretty amazing, given the circumstances.

Guess it depends what recruiting service you follow. I signed up for 247 service last night and like how they have many contributors for a rating. So we have two four stars already 90+. We have a 90+ silent that I was already counting towards remaining 4. We have another 4 star that visited this past weekend that is a good shot. So we have two 4 stars uncommitted/silent with 4 spots left total not counting those two. Coaches will be on the road and we will keep the remaining two for very good prospects. So I will expect it:) Perfectly feasible we (UCF)ends up with 5-6 4 stars on signing day per 247. Rivals..not so much

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

Regarding porter. Per article I just read on 247 he is a gator. Said " when I get there".

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Regarding porter. Per article I just read on 247 he is a gator. Said " when I get there".

I usually don't care when a player flips, as all schools try to keep what they have and try to flip others.  Can't have it both ways.

But Porter's annoys me a bit, only because we locked in on him in June, when few others would.  Florida wouldn't give him the time of day all season, till he balled out at the end, and UF had a few slots to fill & went poaching.

He's a young man, and needs to do what is best for him...not us.  I get that, and respect that.  However, the baby in me hopes his career goes the way of Brion Carnes.  I know it's immature, but that's my gut on guys in this situation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I usually don't care when a player flips, as all schools try to keep what they have and try to flip others.  Can't have it both ways.

But Porter's annoys me a bit, only because we locked in on him in June, when few others would.  Florida wouldn't give him the time of day all season, till he balled out at the end, and UF had a few slots to fill & went poaching.

He's a young man, and needs to do what is best for him...not us.  I get that, and respect that.  However, the baby in me hopes his career goes the way of Brion Carnes.  I know it's immature, but that's my gut on guys in this situation.

^^^^ This.... well said.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Man, this is sooooo played. From Porter's Twitter last night. But I suppose it's fun for the kids...just hope he doesn't disrespect any of the "also rans", no matter who he choses. Tyre Files â€@DtrackstaP 22 hrs @ImJuiceDoe hat Ceremony Tomorrow

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Who's to say that someone in Gainesville wasn't in his ear telling him he can play his way into a scholarship offer? Do we know that UF "wouldn't give him the time of day?"