• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Who's to say that someone in Gainesville wasn't in his ear telling him he can play his way into a scholarship offer? Do we know that UF "wouldn't give him the time of day?"

Nope...that's fair.  But my guess (and that's all it is) is that if UF was even remotely interested, they'd have him at a game.

Also, Porter was recruiting for USF all along, till the UF offer...which leads me to believe the UF offer was VERY late, and almost instantly shared.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Fair enough. I don't really follow recruiting until January and don't know the back story, so pardon me for thinking this sounds like sour grapes.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

So, Bass is the lone guy picking UCF, and is hosting his announcement. My $$ says he goes to UCF, or it's a bit of a smack to Bass.
I seriously doubt UCF. He came to alot of games but UF lock imo. Not going to say we recruited him hard and assumed he was a team tampa guy. Tyler harris was our guy.
Bass breaking the news is like a guy introducing the crush of his life to best friend to take to prom.

Conference is tomorrow? Guess UF (or UCF) is pressing to make him commit now.

Ya. But with BHN duties he covers many things. 99% sure its UF. We will finish strong though. I expect final 4 commits to be a few 4*s.
I dont expect it.

You don't expect our 6-27 football program over the last 33 games, coming off of a 2-10 season to lock up a few 4 stars in our final commits when it's all said and done??
He means for UCF
Yes I meant ucf. What CWT and staff are doing recruiting wise is pretty amazing, given the circumstances.
Guess it depends what recruiting service you follow. I signed up for 247 service last night and like how they have many contributors for a rating. So we have two four stars already 90+. We have a 90+ silent that I was already counting towards remaining 4. We have another 4 star that visited this past weekend that is a good shot. So we have two 4 stars uncommitted/silent with 4 spots left total not counting those two. Coaches will be on the road and we will keep the remaining two for very good prospects. So I will expect it:) Perfectly feasible we (UCF)ends up with 5-6 4 stars on signing day per 247. Rivals..not so much

I will bet my right nut they won't get 6 4*

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Seems so odd that he would flip after all the talking/recruiting he's done for us. Hoping bullcocky is right--would make him one of the players I would be rooting extra hard for at USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

why would he decommit just to commit again less than a week later?

Easy.. these kids LOVE the attention.

They get so much Twitter messages and media attention as an uncommit.

Unfortunately all the media (including this board and us) has made recruiting a monster circus of attention for 17/18 year olds that most people don't receive in their lifetime.

Having said that, I don't have any thoughts/predictions of him choosing us again.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Fair enough. I don't really follow recruiting until January and don't know the back story, so pardon me for thinking this sounds like sour grapes.

Cool...I wasn't sparring with you, just giving you may take on things.  As I noted earlier, I'm sure part of my gut reaction is in fact sour grapes.  But I'm not apologizing for how this makes me feel...but I won't be blasting the kid on Twitter, etc., either. His life, his decision.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So when do we find out?